The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

How to remove bolts that are broken flush.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Here's a water outlet with a broken bolt in it. The owner of the car tried to drill it and use an easy out with no success. This procedure works better if the bolt hasn't been mutilated with bits and such, but it is what it is.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Find yourself a few nuts that fit over the broken bolt. I have a big old sack of nuts, so if I bust a nut the first time, I can try again. No pun intended.

Weld in there:

Then simply unscrew: (TIP- You may find penetrating oil helps loosen things up a bit during this step)

Chase the hole with a tap, and smooth off the area with some 1500 grit paper and a sanding block.

Viola my friends!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back