The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

how to install middle timing belt cover?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BLOHS7844

10+ Year Contributor
Oct 25, 2011
Appleton, Wisconsin
How do I install the middle timing belt cover? Can I do it with the pulleys on? I didn't really think about it when I put the pulleys back on when doing the timing. Motor mount is off right now. Lower cover is on btw

You need to remove the two long tapered bolts that mount goes onto. The cover should go right on at that point

This may seem weird, but I actually was able to get the middle cover on by using a heat gun to make the plastic bend easy. After it was heated up enough I was able to bend it enough to get it behind the mount. Once I tightened it down it straightened itself out. Definitely not the most orthodox way to do it, but it worked for me.

Yeah I ended up double nutting it. I should have searched right away but I assumed I was just retarded and nobody else had this problem LOL I like that heat gun idea. I already broke my cover so I had to find a new one and I already took the studs out. Otherwise I would probably do that.

Once the studs are out, is it pretty much self explanatory? I don't have the cover yet LOL

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back