The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

How to have paddle shifters in a DSM

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twack

15+ Year Contributor
Oct 11, 2005
winona, Minnesota
I talk to a lot of people who want to mod their autos, especially a lot of people who want paddle shifters, so i figured i would post this up so people could find it faster

ok first off i have the roadsurge shift box,
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

it has a headphone jack out put that is a 3 wire setup super easy to setup shifting. i have an aftermarket steering wheel, that has horn/nitrous buttons that i use for the up and down shifts

the other option that you have is the option to make real paddle shifters, i know its a volvo but its only the paddles were talking

scroll down to the second set of pictures
Make your 960 ridiculous: Put some paddle shifters on it! - Turbobricks Forums
Those are the best setups that i have found or come up with

I like that volvo setup, the paddles look really nice and the finish on it is great!

Blip the throttle on downshifts!

that helps a little, but 2-1 is still very violent if not at full throttle or if your timing of the shift is a little off. 3-2 is harsh but not bad, and decently smooth if you blip the throttle. I guess a lot of people don't mind. It got real annoying in my opinion though.

Me and a friend are working on a shift box that will lower the line pressure on each downshift. He is still programming the code but should be done soon. I will post a new thread and give my opinions when we finish it.

Me and a friend are working on a shit box that will lower the line pressure on each downshift. He is still programming the code but should be done soon. I will post a new thread and give my opinions when we finish it.

Oh really... LOL

I have not seen it. But the other issue is i do not want it to cost more the $150. I am a cheapskate when it comes to stuff like this. i also like the idea of a display showing me a numerical gear.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back