The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Holset Hx35 Oil Feed Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AbsolutGS-T

10+ Year Contributor
May 10, 2010
Vernon, Connecticut
Hey guys Im going to be running a Hx35 on my 7bolt. I still have my balance shafts in. Do I need a restrictor when Im going to be running from the OFH or will I be fine without it?

Thanks in advance,

Dave

Ok thanks I will do that. Whats the Highest that the holsets can handle for pressure? Also if it is too high of pressure what restrictor do you recommend that I go with?

Thanks

Dave

Search "holset" by title and you will recieve this
DSM Forums - Search Results

Look for the oil thread and you will be here
http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/turbo-system-tech/244467-holset-hx-35-oiling.html

Travel to post #13
http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/turbo-system-tech/244467-holset-hx-35-oiling.html#post151402191

Read post #13 to see that

"12. Oil pressure of 150 kPa (20 lbf/in2) must show at the oil inlet within 3 - 4 seconds of engine firing to prevent damage to turbocharger bearing system. A flexible supply pipe is recommended.
13. The minimum oil pressure when the engine is on load must be 210 kPa (30 lbf/in2). Maximum permissible operating pressure is 500 kPa (72 lbf/in2) although 600 kPa (88 lbf/in2) is permitted during cold start up. Under idling conditions pressure should not fall below 70 kPa (10 lbf/in2)."

30psi minimum
72psi maximum

It is also speced by Holset to use a minimum oil drain of 19mm (-12AN is what you want to use)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back