The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G High Idle, White/Blue Smoke?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

import2gtuner

Proven Member
May 9, 2014
Toronto, ON_Canada
Sorry if this has been covered but I can't find my situation in the forums. My car sat for a good 6 months without starting due to a front subframe job that went alot longer than expected. Also had a battery issue. After the 6 months got the car started up and everything was good. Ran perfect.

A couple weeks ago it started leaking oil from the return line off the turbo and realized the bolts forgot to be tightened. Upon tightening one of the bolts broke off. So had to pull the turbo off and take it to a machine shop to get the bolt out.

Now present day the turbo is back in (stock btw) and I fired it up and it idles at 2000rpm then drops to 1400/1500 and fluctuates there once it warms up. Also blows white smoke out the exhaust but can see blue sometimes in it. Other than that it doesn't overheat and oil pressure is normal.

I just can't win with this car, I just want to be able to pull it out of the driveway again. Trying to do everything right and just when I thought I was home free putting the turbo back on this happens.

Any help would be greatly appreciated I just want my car back :(

In mine it smoked like crazy because of blow by. The stock gauge was reading normal while my AEM one was at 140psi. (i have a 16g turbo)

Could this really be happening already? It only has 79K original miles. I guess I could do a compression test. Could a head gasket cause this as well?

Yes stock turbo (t25) it's a 96 gst. Only things I have aftermarket are a fmic, bov, exhaust system, exhaust manifold, intake and suspension.

You should hook up your oil press gauge then check psi and make sure its not blowby, could be bad turbo. Also kind of stupid thing but make sure you dont have too much oil.

Either way I guess it's not good :( I will wire that gauge in and see what it says, do a compression test/leak down test and go from there.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back