The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

Help identifying automatic transmission shift solenoid for 1997 Eclipse GS

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mutant_spider

Probationary Member
Sep 28, 2005
WestChester, Pennsylvania
I need help finding the right transmission shift solenoid for my 1997 Eclipse GS. I lost reverse; I tested a known-good TCU and that didn't fix the issue, so I'm looking to replace the TSS. I bought the ATP Automotive TE-6 Transmission Control Solenoid from Amazon (https://smile.amazon.com/ATP-Automo...utomotive&vehicleId=10&vehicleType=automotive) as it said it fit my car, but the unit doesn't go on and it's clear the holes aren't in the same spot (see photo). All the images I see online don't look like the TSS from my car.

Any help identifying the correct part needed would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

That is called a solenoid pack and i don't think that it's going to fix your reverse problem . first you should check your fluid if it's at the correct fill mark and also does it smell burnt cause usually the reverse clutches burn out . Another thing is did you scan it for any codes .

the solenoid pack got redesigned in 2003 to get rid of the ratcheting noise. it could be that is just the newer model and thats why it doesn't match the original

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back