The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Help! driveshaft vibration problems

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spoolin18

10+ Year Contributor
Feb 2, 2009
Albany, Kentucky
what parts do I need to fix this or can I convert it to fwd? Never owned a fwd..alwasy awd....I knoow blasphemy.:barf::ohdamn:..but funds are tight now...can I just remove the driveshafts?

No just get a viscus clutch eliminator from sheptrans and then remove the t-case and drive shaft. You can install the eliminator with the transmission in the car. There is a how to link for it some where. Too bad I just sent a good drive shaft out of my old 90 to scrap yesterday.

you can fill the driveshaft carrier bushings with caulking. search on VFAQ.com make sure your driveshaft bolts are tight. Dont pull the driveshaft, to drive fwd, it doesnt work like that you will burn up the Viscous coupler in the transmission, you dont want to replace the trans

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back