1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

Headlamp fuse causing low voltage

Posted by crazyquik22023, Aug 21, 2011

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
  1. crazyquik22023

crazyquik22023 Proven Member

Joined Sep 14, 2008
    Akron, Ohio
    I am having a problem where my 40 amp headlamp fuse in the engine bay is causing a voltage drop. If I have the fuse pulled my autometer volt gauge will read 14.2-14.9 while driving and will not drop below 14 volts with fans full on. I also don't have the wire hooked up from the alternator to the ECU so it charges at 14.7 at all times. The brake and battery light also stay on when the fuse is pulled. When I have the fuse in the car will be at 14 volts when starting and will slowly drop and hold around 13 volts while driving with fans full on. I also have my headlights run on a separate switch so it doesn't really make any sense why this would be happening. I have a multi-meter and I have some electrical knowledge. Any ideas or input would help. Thanks

850  0

1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST
    12.900 @ 115.000 · 2G DSM
  2. crazyquik22023

crazyquik22023 Proven Member

Joined Sep 14, 2008
    Akron, Ohio
    Ideas... Anyone???

850  0

1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST
    12.900 @ 115.000 · 2G DSM