The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Headlamp fuse causing low voltage

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crazyquik22023

10+ Year Contributor
Sep 14, 2008
Akron, Ohio
I am having a problem where my 40 amp headlamp fuse in the engine bay is causing a voltage drop. If I have the fuse pulled my autometer volt gauge will read 14.2-14.9 while driving and will not drop below 14 volts with fans full on. I also don't have the wire hooked up from the alternator to the ECU so it charges at 14.7 at all times. The brake and battery light also stay on when the fuse is pulled. When I have the fuse in the car will be at 14 volts when starting and will slowly drop and hold around 13 volts while driving with fans full on. I also have my headlights run on a separate switch so it doesn't really make any sense why this would be happening. I have a multi-meter and I have some electrical knowledge. Any ideas or input would help. Thanks

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back