The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

head build. maximum power

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Man oh man, love the pic of the VPC. Haven't seen one of those in a while. I really really wanted one of those, but I found that searching for one is like trying to find a dodo...maybe the VPC's are all extinct? :hmm: LOL

I like Electromotive stand alone units myself:

http://www.electromotive-inc.com/

Wow so much fail in this thread my head hurts.

Ok. Now exclude the fact that my car does not ACTUALLY have meth. There have been some cases of people skipping the FMIC altogether in favor of a well tuned Meth injection. It seems like you are spending extra money. FMIC, FMIC sprayer and Meth all have the same target function. Reduce knock and cool the charge air, you don't need all of that. I myself am considering tossing the FMIC altogether and I have a freaking huge FMIC that, yet, to see air go through it.

Oh, I would LOVE to have it. Does the GCC have dip switches for injectors, or does it work with a certain size?

wow i am loving this. you guys are actually being a lot more help than i thought i would get. i honestly do appreciate it. setting me in right directions, and im not getting a bunch of mixed answers. but still. where can i learn the most from about the dsm link? and i still dnt know about the turbo thing. i still have the buschur 20g i can use, but i dnt want to max it out. and then i still gotta fixure out injectors LOL.

I'd like to offer a couple points, if you are truly serious about the whole bottom end being stock, or at least stock mostly. This hits on a couple points relating to replies by other posters as well.

For one, remember the factory pistons are cast, and are thus sensitive to detonation. Rods, while quite the brick shit house for stock, are also going to give up easier than your typical 4340 rods in the event you have a little tuning "issue". At the very least, if this is indeed a fresh stock rebuild i hope you at least opted for a new set of main bolts, and ARP replacement studs for the rods. You will be revving this thing pretty high to find the happy spot, and rod bolts tend to fatigue the older they get and the more times they've been re-torqued. Still.. I feel the reasonable limit is 550 wheel. if you want to have it around for a while after you reach that goal.;)

Other point. If you have the "disposable, income" access to a good (does not have to necessarily be someone who does pro-stock heads for cryin' out loud) head guy. Then, as previous posters mentioned, you need to seriously look into camshaft and Intake and exhaust manifold design, and talk to the poeple you'll be buying those parts from. Those three things, strong emphasis on the first two, will be the determining factors in the maximum power output, and shape of the power curve based on your requirements. Tell them what you want to do, they'll help steer you. Be interested to see see what you end up going with. good luck. :thumb:

so i just got ahold of a fresh holset hx25(hc1). you think that would be a good setup for my build?

If you really want to max out a stock short block, i think you will need at least a 7 blade hx35. Id recommend going with a hx40 with a twin scroll manifold and holset exhaust housing or just a bep t3 .70 a/r housing if you dont want to spend so much on a good manifold.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back