The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

has anybody bought or know anything about cx-racing turbos?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boostedgsx95

10+ Year Contributor
Jun 19, 2009
Topeka, Kansas
has anyone bought a turbo or know about the cx-racing turbos? i was looking into buying a 16g turbo and cx-racing has them for like $300. and everywhere else is $600 or so. just wondering if anything is different or what??

Thanks,
Dylan

I cant attest for their turbos, but when I bought my car the stock radiator was leaking bad. I bought a CXRacing aluminum radiator and it has held up well. The welds are great, not shotty at all. Couldnt have asked for more for the price. Punishment downpipes are actually CXRacing....I have that downpipe. Again, welds are superb and havent had any problems with it whatsoever. Punishment FMIC kits are also made by CXRacing. But again, these are not moving parts...I cannot attest to the turbos but everything else I have used isreally good quality.

has anyone bought a turbo or know about the cx-racing turbos? i was looking into buying a 16g turbo and cx-racing has them for like $300. and everywhere else is $600 or so. just wondering if anything is different or what??

Thanks,
Dylan

If Justin has anymore 16g cores, he could rebuild you one. I have a rebuilt 14b from him that I just installed for a good price.

are you 100% sure that they are made in china??

If not China maybe Taiwan. But most people try to avoid running those ebay Chinese turbo's. I know a couple Honda guys that run them, one has blown and another is still running. But those guys run low boost so that might make a difference in longevity.

Personally I say stick to MHI.

I cant attest for their turbos, but when I bought my car the stock radiator was leaking bad. I bought a CXRacing aluminum radiator and it has held up well. The welds are great, not shotty at all. Couldnt have asked for more for the price. Punishment downpipes are actually CXRacing....I have that downpipe. Again, welds are superb and havent had any problems with it whatsoever. Punishment FMIC kits are also made by CXRacing. But again, these are not moving parts...I cannot attest to the turbos but everything else I have used isreally good quality.

Radiators don't have any moving parts that spin at 70k-100k rpm. Kinda like comparing apples to a rock.

They make decent stuff, except their turbos. There is a reason they are $300.00 and others is $500+. You pay for what you get.

If not China maybe Taiwan. But most people try to avoid running those ebay Chinese turbo's. I know a couple Honda guys that run them, one has blown and another is still running. But those guys run low boost so that might make a difference in longevity.

Personally I say stick to MHI.
ok. on those hondas how much is "low" boost? i mean all i run is stock boost it'll go to 14 psi for a sec or so then threw the end of the gears it stays at 10. so im not runnin to high.

I don't wanna be the bearer of bad news but there are 2 things that you should think about before hitting the "buy it now" button.

You get what you pay for

If it seems to good to be true, it probably is

Not saying anything good or bad about CXRacing, I'm just putting this out there for something to weigh in before making a purchase. Also everyone say's "your just paying for the name brand", which isn't always 100% correct. There's a reason HKS 272's work better then BC 272's. Just think about it.

One another note, if you do decide to purchase a CXRacing turbo, please write an honest and fair review about it and post it. Best of luck with whatever route you take.

I don't wanna be the bearer of bad news but there are 2 things that you should think about before hitting the "buy it now" button.

You get what you pay for

If it seems to good to be true, it probably is

Not saying anything good or bad about CXRacing, I'm just putting this out there for something to weigh in before making a purchase. Also everyone say's "your just paying for the name brand", which isn't always 100% correct. There's a reason HKS 272's work better then BC 272's. Just think about it.

One another note, if you do decide to purchase a CXRacing turbo, please write an honest and fair review about it and post it. Best of luck with whatever route you take.
Ive always wondered why the BC cams was half the price of the HKS cams. And i still dont know

I used a t3/t4 to4e from cx racing and it was alright. it had great spool time. And held up pretty decent. The only problem was that it started smoking after about a year. I've heard that if you get one of those cheap china turbos and rebuild them with namebrand rebuild parts that they will last and perform just as well as the namebrand turbos will.

ok. on those hondas how much is "low" boost? i mean all i run is stock boost it'll go to 14 psi for a sec or so then threw the end of the gears it stays at 10. so im not runnin to high.

I'm talking like 6psi. But still I dont think I would ever run a ebay turbo.

does anybody know where to buy a MHI turbo for less than about $600? or is that what its gonna float around pretty much anywhere.

I would contact Justin (jusmx141). Not sure if he has any but pm him and ask.

Ive always wondered why the BC cams was half the price of the HKS cams. And i still dont know

To be honest, BC cams don't have the research and development behind them that the HKS cams do. If your looking for a serious cam stick with HKS, Comp, Kelford, or FP. There are others also. I'd say BC cams are on par with regrinds, only they cost more then regrinds. The upside is that BC starts with new sticks, which is supposed to be better. I don't want to talk bad about BC though. They make good products, they're just not "as aggressive" if I can word it like that. For reference, BC 280's made less power in a back to bad test then Comp 101200's (aka Comp's 272's). As with anything on the internet, take my post with a grain of salt. I'm speaking from my experience and the experiences of others that I've researched. They are good cams, just not the best cams.

On another note, please PM me if you want to continue this discussion, as it has nothing to do with the OP's question.

Or why a HKS spec regrind is even cheaper. :rocks:

These are the same turbos, they are just under another name. If i were you i would contact JUSMX141 and see what he can do for you.

I'd contact him too. Great guy to talk to. I went to his shop. He's quite passonate about turbos. :thumb:

I know he can get your a rebuilt MHI cheaper than most knock-offs.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back