Mielo5280
5+ Year Contributor
- 44
- 13
- Aug 29, 2019
-
Wheat Ridge,
Colorado
Just a thought and question I formed as I'm putting my car back together.
I have wired the car to run off a Haltech 1500 so there is no PNP adapter, just straight wired to the harness and have moved over to a direct fire approach for the Denso Coils I'm running that was originally wired in using this DSMTuners link when I was on ECMLink.
([https://www.dsmtuners.com/.../diy-denso-cop-no-cdi.../](https://www.dsmtuners.com/.../diy-denso-cop-no-cdi.../...)
This deletes the PTU and uses the Sense wire off two coils on separate banks to feed the ecu and cluster RPM signal right. So, here's my thought. The Haltech gets its RPM signal from the crank and cam signals and doesn't send anything to the cluster. IE there is nothing connected to that pin when using the PnP Adapter harness. So when wiring the coils, the signal wire off the coils is only going to the cluster.
When wiring them in a Direct fire approach, would wiring two coils on separate banks still send the right signal through to the white wire that now only feeds to the cluster in order to get RPM on the dash? Or do I need to wire the Haltech into said white wire going to the cluster in order to get RPM on the dash?
I have wired the car to run off a Haltech 1500 so there is no PNP adapter, just straight wired to the harness and have moved over to a direct fire approach for the Denso Coils I'm running that was originally wired in using this DSMTuners link when I was on ECMLink.
([https://www.dsmtuners.com/.../diy-denso-cop-no-cdi.../](https://www.dsmtuners.com/.../diy-denso-cop-no-cdi.../...)
This deletes the PTU and uses the Sense wire off two coils on separate banks to feed the ecu and cluster RPM signal right. So, here's my thought. The Haltech gets its RPM signal from the crank and cam signals and doesn't send anything to the cluster. IE there is nothing connected to that pin when using the PnP Adapter harness. So when wiring the coils, the signal wire off the coils is only going to the cluster.
When wiring them in a Direct fire approach, would wiring two coils on separate banks still send the right signal through to the white wire that now only feeds to the cluster in order to get RPM on the dash? Or do I need to wire the Haltech into said white wire going to the cluster in order to get RPM on the dash?