The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

1G Half shaft seals same as axle?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The second link is what you are looking for. Half-shaft and axle are used interchangeably. On the driver's side, it would technically be an intermediate shaft seal if we are discussing an AWD DSM.

The second link is what you are looking for. Half-shaft and axle are used interchangeably. On the driver's side, it would technically be an intermediate shaft seal if we are discussing an AWD DSM.

okay cool, yeah its awd 1g 5 speed, so there should be 2 on each side of the bearing on half shaft, and one one the driver side axle?

The seals you are referring to are the seals on both sides of the trans. My apologies if my intermediate haft comment came off confusing. The driver's side axle is two parts. The inner portion (intermediate shaft) goes to the trans. The seals are 46 and 67 as referenced in the diagram below: (disregard that the diagram is for a 97)

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

If you want to replace the intermediate bearing/seals:

http://www.jnztuning.com/product_info.php?products_id=3573&osCsid=5ebdd2a1677002666ae67754552afbdb

Last edited:
The seals you are referring to are the seals on both sides of the trans. My apologies if my intermediate haft comment came off confusing. The driver's side axle is two parts. The inner portion (intermediate shaft) goes to the trans. The seals are 46 and 67 as referenced in the diagram below: (disregard that the diagram is for a 97)

If you want to replace the intermediate bearing/seals:

http://www.jnztuning.com/product_info.php?products_id=3573&osCsid=5ebdd2a1677002666ae67754552afbdb

is it possible to just get the seals? i dont have a press to do the bearings and this one seems good, and i had a spare axle seal that i used on my passenger side and its to small for the shaft.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back