The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

Gullwing conversion

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

As far as the gullwings....only 15 were made and when they sold new they had a price of around $50,000, good luck finding one of those

That targa DSM looks like a targa <92 supra IMO.

Let me stick my BIG OLE FOOT up in here.

The Targa Top 1g Eclipse were sold in VERY limited number in Germany. But they suck. They are all N/T and leak water like crazy.

I never heard of a Vert 1g though, maybe Raph can verify that, I think the Vert is custom. But that is indeed a Euro spec DSM.

The Gull wing was sold as a promotion in Japan before any DSM's were sold anywhere else. And 1stGENracer, sorry but thats not an authentic Gullwing, thats a custom make-over. One its LHD, and two its a Talon. :)

AFAIK, all DSMs are LHD - including those Gullwings sold in Japan. DSM/MMMA never made a DSM dash for RHD.

As far as the Targa - as others have said, it was sold only in Germany and probably could just be considered as a "Test" - its too bad they didn't make more of them, with a turbo & AWD would be nice too :)

Some pics from the Mitsubishi Brochures of those years:
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

HokieDSM said:
AFAIK, all DSMs are LHD - including those Gullwings sold in Japan. DSM/MMMA never made a DSM dash for RHD.

As far as the Targa - as others have said, it was sold only in Germany and probably could just be considered as a "Test" - its too bad they didn't make more of them, with a turbo & AWD would be nice too :)

Some pics from the Mitsubishi Brochures of those years:

I stand corrected!

How much would custom targa conversion cost? How many thousands? Would you have to reinforce the windsheild frame and the frame around the 'rear passanger area'?

-mike :talon:

laserspeeddemon said:
Let me stick my BIG OLE FOOT up in here.

The Targa Top 1g Eclipse were sold in VERY limited number in Germany. But they suck. They are all N/T and leak water like crazy.

I never heard of a Vert 1g though, maybe Raph can verify that, I think the Vert is custom. But that is indeed a Euro spec DSM.

The Gull wing was sold as a promotion in Japan before any DSM's were sold anywhere else. And 1stGENracer, sorry but thats not an authentic Gullwing, thats a custom make-over. One its LHD, and two its a Talon. :)

Hmm.......weird considering the pictures of the other two are also LHD, but they are also in Japan.

Did they make 1ga talons in Europe? Im considering the amber turn signal swap, but they are all for eclipses so the seams on the lights are slightly different and wouldn't match up with my center piece. Only alternative is to just put the full eclipse tails on my car, although i'd rather not alter the look of my car that much. :talon:

laserspeeddemon said:
acutally I say some T-top Talons here, Raph can you back me up on this?

yep..its true..

@giga95..my talons tails match up perfectly to any Euro 1g eclipse and vice versa....

all euro models were 1ga style..the 93 and 94 models came with popups with shorter covers to improve aerodynamics(and also to not slow u down on the autobahn when the lights are popped up...)

oh, apparently only 249 targas were made in germany (the KBA..thats the DMV here said so.. they however coundnt say how many cars were build for Austria and Switzerland)

the AWD nt were all sold in Austria and Switzerland

Italy may have gotten Targas too (silver95 gst,can u back this up?)

AdrenilineCrash said:
How much would custom targa conversion cost? How many thousands? Would you have to reinforce the windsheild frame and the frame around the 'rear passanger area'?

-mike :talon:

it has special doors,special door glass,special pwr window switches(400 a set)

and has reinforcements welded in under the A pillar,and where the firewall meets the A pillars,,also reinforcements in the back as well.. adding about 100 to 150 kgs in weight...

Goeckel was the name of the company (they also made that badass Calibra Roadster and Convertible..ive seen the Calibra convertable ..once.. :thumb: )

oh look..Goeckel Fahryeugbau GmbH has changed its name to "Compact Car" ..interesting.. that still doesnt change the fact that thoase Mofos want 400 Euro(thats almost $500) for the dsamn seals on the targa..the seals are always going...

Watching an old 90210 episode on the soap channel :rolleyes: the one where brandon hates his old crusty history teacher. There was a shot of the school parking lot and in it was a red gen 1 convertable. interesting

by "gen 1" you mean 1st generation? Thats really odd because the only 1st generation convertibles were sold in Germany as a non turbo...and that still is a myth

sjgYFZ200 said:
by "gen 1" you mean 1st generation? Thats really odd because the only 1st generation convertibles were sold in Germany as a non turbo...and that still is a myth
like this

Attachments

• 463464.jpg
    463464.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 640
If I had that little smiley that bowed down and ass kissed, I would use it (here).

God I hate convertibles. :barf: They're all disgusting.

igopoopy said:

Myth busted, just like that. Without those wheels. And the hump wasn't on the wrong side.
And the corners were not yellow.

i dont remember the link, but i do know there is a website out there that has pics of early production eclipse prototypes that were to be sold in europe. there was a gullwing door eclipse, a t top eclipse, and a convertible eclipse. all 3 were to be released in 89

mysticfire6602 said:
i dont remember the link, but i do know there is a website out there that has pics of early production eclipse prototypes that were to be sold in europe. there was a gullwing door eclipse, a t top eclipse, and a convertible eclipse. all 3 were to be released in 89
Jackie Chan has a gullwing dsm.

mysticfire6602 said:
LOL like this

Attachments

• takagu0551.jpg
    takagu0551.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 990
  • eclipsect51.jpg
    eclipsect51.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 1,021
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back