The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

Gullwing conversion

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

It was a conversion done on some in Germany, much like the few gullwing conversions done in Japan. If you check the the German Ebay from time to time there is one on there. If you are up to the conversion and know someone who can do it and can read german, this is for you. This is for the targa.Targa conversion hope this helps some.

Funny how these pop up. Funny thing is I haven't been here for ages and here is exactly what I was looking for. The targa top itself isn't what I am looking for as much as what was/has been done to help reduce flex. Any ideasd on where to get some of that info?:thumb:

roll cage, would help alot but there goes your look, you would be triping over it, every time u get out of the car

here in germany they sold an official targa version of the 1g - called eclipse ct. it wasn't made by mitsubishi. it was made by a company called "göckel". they also made a convertible version, which is very very rare in germany.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

its real, my friend saw the car here in michigan..:thumb:

Holy crap. I sware once I get my car fixed up to a "like new" condition im soooooo spending an ass load of money to get a targa top conversion done. That just makes the car look 10000x better IMO.

my friend has one runngin around town a white oen that glows int he dark i think it was a dad idea to do it

If you do a search on another DSM site which i won't mention you will find a quite of few people have done the targa conversion on 1g DSM's. It isn't that difficult except your car loses an extreme amount of structural support. And you will notice a severe amount of body roll and twist while driving and espically when say pulling into a driveway at an angle when you go up the ramp in the curb. People have even put full roll cages in and still have noticable body flex because the cars just were not designed to be supported without the roof. i.e. why civic del sols windshield frames way so friggin much, that is where the structural support is built in. And as for the blast against and cheers for...well its all up to each person. Some of us love it and would love to do it, myself included and some hate the idea of changing the outside of a DSM. Well i personally would never put a kit on my car but i don't critize someone who does. We all build are cars for ourself, for our own enjoyment. There is no reason to flame someone over a choice they make about thier car. Unless someone wanted to like drop a honduh engine in a DSM, cause then i think they should be lynched but otherwise modify and improve to your likeness.

Holy sh:t!!! OMG

I had never heard of that... but it is awesome. Does anyone on the board have one? I love targa tops. That makes me want to buy a german 1g awd too!

I have to agree, targa's are sweet. I would love to have a 2g gsx targa, that would be the sexiness.

i think that targa is custom made custom paid and custom fitted.

Good luck finding one for sale. I havent seen any since I have been here. If you want it bad enough I got a place where you can chill(gimme a hand with my 2G! haha).

ITSME4G63 said:
i think that targa is custom made custom paid and custom fitted.

Playstation 2 up in the ride ??.............LOL thast a sweet car, tagra top ownz

HOLY MOTHER OF GOD.....where did those cars come from???

Were they actually marketed in Germany? How many were produced??

I absolutely need to get one of those when I get a real job!!

anyone with any information please share! :D

Don't forget the Gullwings in Japan.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back