The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

2G GSX Retainer Ring Replacement (fuel tank)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fear

10+ Year Contributor
Aug 28, 2010
Sweden, Europe
hi! i bought a used gsx fuel tank, guage unit and fuelpump unit for an awd conversion but both retainer rings were missing, they dont seem to be sold separatlely new and there arent a lot of gsx in sweden. are there other mhi cars that have the same retainer rings that i can use?

So the part number for the plastic retainer ring itself is MR342212 . This doesn't include the rubber ring that seals it. Few years ago I also needed to replace one of mine and after thorough searching, I realized that my only option was to buy it from the US. Personally I got one from Miller Imports for a fair price.

That said, I also looked at the plastic retainer ring from an 8th gen Galant/Legnum VR-4 (AWD twin turbo). It has an almost identical fuel tank and I would bet the plastic rings from that are identical. Unfortunately I can't open up the parts diagrams for a VR-4 in CAPS so I can't 100% confirm the same part number, but you could try asking around in the UK VR4 forums and see if somebody could snap you a pic of one. Would be easier and cheaper to get one like that, rather than searching from the US.

As far as other mitsu models, I am unaware of any other model which may use the same plastic retainer.

hey thanx a lot kryndon!
don´t know how i missed it, i was sure that i´ve looked at the parts diagram before and they only came with the complete fueltank :D
i´ll go to the nearest mitsu dealer and see if they still sell those. thanx again!

hi! i bought a used gsx fuel tank, guage unit and fuelpump unit for an awd conversion but both retainer rings were missing, they dont seem to be sold separatlely new and there arent a lot of gsx in sweden. are there other mhi cars that have the same retainer rings that i can use?
They are sold separately. The fuel pump unit cap MR342212 is discontinued. The seal MR342213 is still available new.
If you look for used, then try to find one of below in local junkyards or some part outs. Those are the cars that have the same part but I am not sure which one was sold in Europe.
All should be AWD.
Diamante, Legnum, Aspire, Galant, Eterna, Emeraude, Aspire

They are sold separately. The fuel pump unit cap MR342212 is discontinued. The seal MR342213 is still available new.
If you look for used, then try to find one of below in local junkyards or some part outs. Those are the cars that have the same part but I am not sure which one was sold in Europe.
All should be AWD.
Diamante, Legnum, Aspire, Galant, Eterna, Emeraude, Aspire
yeah the dealer told me today.
crap, i don´t think none of those cars were sold in europe except the galant but never seen an galant awd that wasnt import.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back