The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

ground wire problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arodgst

15+ Year Contributor
Mar 31, 2008
Bakersfield, California
Hey whats up people? I recently replaced my head gasket and timing belt and when I did I disconnected the ground terminal. In the process of connecting all of the clips and what not I left out a ground wire that comes out of the wire harness that I forgot to connect after I noticed that it wasn't connected when I tried to start the car:ohdamn:. I first turned the key and the car just turned over but did not start. I did this about three times and that is when I checked to make sure everything was connected. After connecting the ground wire I tried to start the car and completely shuts off. The lights turn on and everything but when I turn the key to start the car the lights shut off and the car completely dies and doesn't even turn over and I have no clue what to check now. Thanks in advance.

check the ground wires from the battery, my stupid arsh gst does this all the time it mostly is in the clamps them selfs your 2 bolts ( if you have them) are 11mm that connect the wires to the clamps

wiggle the clamps around they even might just not be tight enough or you will have to clean the posts

its a problem for me every few days till i just went out and bought new set of batt, post clamps

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back