The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

1G Glowshift digital only reads 1 PSI

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gusu

10+ Year Contributor
Sep 9, 2009
Independence, Oregon
Hey everyone,

About a year ago I replaced my Prosport gauge with 10ish years of use with a new prosport mechanical gauge when the Prosport gauge died. One day I blew the vacuum line off and it never worked again. So today I installed a new Glowshift digital gauge.

After installing the new Glowshift digital gauge it will only read 0 PSI just after being turned on. After a few seconds of idling it will start to read 1 PSI and stay there until the car is shut off.

It is important to note that my car is a 90 1g so the vacuum lines are different. For those of you who know the OEM color coding for the vacuum lines, I am using the red stripped vacuum line that goes into the bottom my fuel pressure solenoid as my boost source.

Any ideas?

*edit* I forgot to mention when I unplug the sensor the gauge reads -- so it should be working.

Last edited:
Try to take the pressure source from intake manifold directly. Some lines where you took from or the lines that connected to the throttle body don't read vacuum.

Last edited:
Is there a source that you would recommend over others?

You can put a "T" fitting between the intake manifold and the fuel pressure solenoid.
If you don't see the gauge working correctly after taking the pressure source from intake manifold. Check the wiring once again and apply some pressure to the sensor and see if it is reading the pressure correctly. If not reading the pressure correctly then could be wrong wirings or a bad sensor/gauge unit.

After looking at how the 91-94s work and the 90 parts I was able to figure out that a couple of the hoses were crossed. Thanks for your help.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back