The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

Gauges on pillar pod or cluster ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dsmj89

10+ Year Contributor
Nov 11, 2008
Miami, Florida
Just as the title states.
I'm looking to get me a gauge pod, but undecided wether to now go with the tripple pillar one or the double cluster piece.
I assume running the stock oil pressure gauge should be fine, so i was thinking just a pod for wideband and boost, and on the location to put them in.
I thought it would look cleaner to have them mounted on the cluster.

Where do you guys have them ? What gauges are in them ?
Any opinions will be of help. Thanks guys.

I use the cluster mount and only have boost and wideband.

How is visibility on your gauges Liquidx?

I would say you assumed wrong about the stock oil pressure gauge, especially if you plan on doing any sort of racing. The stock gauge is very unreliable and an actual gauge is preferred.

I used to have the triple pillar pod and while it was nice, I find my view out the windshield after removing it is so much better. It just took up a good bit of space.

I would say you assumed wrong about the stock oil pressure gauge, especially if you plan on doing any sort of racing. The stock gauge is very unreliable and an actual gauge is preferred.

I used to have the triple pillar pod and while it was nice, I find my view out the windshield after removing it is so much better. It just took up a good bit of space.

Where do you have your gauges mounted now ?

Oh i see. But i have no intentions whatsoever of removing my ac, i was just thinking of a cleaner look, and it is true what you said about the oil gauge, meh.. I just thought i could have gotten away with it.

There are a few differnt options as well.. u can have a 2 or 3 pod in the hvac area..or a 2 or 3 pod below ## radio if u have a 1 din aftermarket radio. Check out the free lancer classifieds thats where u can find them.

I have both. Boost and Coolant temp in the cluster bezel and Oil pres, and a crappy narrow band on the pillar. I installed the coolant guage because I noticed the stock guage was reading a little high after my FMIC install, and I just wanted to know exactly what my engine temp was. The only problem I have is I find myself looking down at the boost guage when I should be looking out the windshield! ;)

Thanks glow. I think i'll just go the infamous tripple pillar route *sigh*.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

u have options LOL

Blackhawk thanks, but we all know though how crappy the door vents are for cooling so i rather not rely on those for me to get my ac.

This trick to that is to completly block off the center vent , and not just put the bezel in when you block the center you get more air flow to the doors ;) has been working fine for me but every one is different

I think the pillar pods look much cooler, might impair driving a little but I notice dumb hondas race me less when they see working gauges in the pillar ROFL

I've tried that before by closing the center vents and nothing, not enough air for me :(.
It's ok i'll just go the tripple pillar route. Thank you all for your help.

Just bought a single din radio gauge plate that holds three 52mm gauges. Good way to keep an eye on things but still keep it mildly stock looking as well.

its a good idea so you can stay on that sleeper status, but not good for looking down there and driving

or if you want people to know your car is modified, do the triple a pillar pod but like said the pillar takes away some vision.

or this is a good idea....get the cluster mount like for 2 gauges and then buy a cup and mount it behind the steering wheel

52mm (2 1/16) Mounting bracket [216SC] - $9.99 : Kito Auto Sport Online Store

so in total you will have 3 gauges behind the wheel...my buddy did that with his evo 8 (not the cluster part, but the single cup behind the steering wheel)

or actually buy or make a custom dash kit....or just buy 3 single cups and put them on top of the dash

I really don't think my a-pillar pod impairs my vision by much. I wasn't lazy about it and actually removed the stock piece. I drilled a few holes for the sheet metal screws and it sits up against it nice and tight. It's the Glowshift one BTW.

As far as problems with them at night because of the glare in your face, I added a switch that cuts the power to all the gauges. I sometimes shut them off while I'm cruising down the highway at night.

U have a few other options...i make a pod that goes below the radio, only works if uhave an aftermarket 1 din radio..but its clean and outa the way..ive put gauges in the air bag cover..modded of course but the principal is thay are aimed twords the driver.

I currently have boost and wideband in my cluster but Im switching to the A pillar because I get tired of looking down and am adding a oil pressure gauge. I would recommend the A pillar from my experience.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back