The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Gauges don't come on but have power??

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paintballaa5

10+ Year Contributor
Jan 23, 2012
Houston, Texas
If its not one thing it's another.. I got my fmic on recently and fixed my taillight circuit short, and now I was planning on putting my mbc, but it seems after I fixed te circuit short, 2 of my 3 gauges are out. (Of course it's the A/F ratio and oil pressure..)
My boost gauge gets power from the remote line from the radio, and the two that are out got power from the blue wire in the ignition harness. These two went out at the same time, but my test light shows that the gauges are getting power..

Would bypassing the factory dimmer switch have caused something to go out of whack with this blue wire? Because I did that attempting to find the short..

Well nevermind.. I unplugged the connector and checked for power on the pin(which it had..) and plugged it back in and it's on. Weird...

ive been having this same problem my afpr gauge has been out for going on a week now, i have power to the gauge but just dont work. It smells like its fried but has power and randomly works i have traced all the wires and re ran everything just cant figure it out.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back