The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G Gauge Cluster Not Working

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

InfiniteGSX

20+ Year Contributor
Dec 10, 2002
Tijeras, New_Mexico
Ok just took the GSX for its first drive with me as the owner. And this goes with the last post I made that nobody wanted to help me about, involving the defective boost Gauge.

The Gauge Cluster doesn't work. It can't be the cluster, It has to be something on the car. The harness was kinda hacked up and I had to repair it. So far no wires are messed up anymore. But the cluster doesn't work.

Stock Boost Gauge, first time I connected it, jumped to the top and stays there. I thought it may have been stuck from me installing a carbon fiber surround, So I took it apart, pushed it back down. Then Plugged it back up. The second I turned the key to the on position it jumped back to the top.

Speedo doesn't work. Tach doesn't work, Temp doesn't work. Oil PSI was showing around Middle and moved a little up and down as I revved it. Not sure if the fuel works cause I don't really know how much fuel is in the car.

Anyone have any idea's? Maybe a damaged wire still? This car was an old DSMTuners car, and before his belonged to RoadRace. It had a lot of things on it like some sort of stand alone unit. So tons of things were tapped into the harness right by the ECU.

Its a 97 GSX with a 98 GST ECU.

Well it sounds like a bit to chase down wires, now that i reread it, could be a number of things since it sounds like it was hacked up. Start from scratch if you have to, or get another gauge cluster.

Hmm.. idk much about the wiring, but when i had my cluster apart in my old gs, i bumped the temp guage, and when i had it all back together i constantly had problems with it, also had trouble poping the cluster back into place, never seemed like my fuel guage read right, but my lights worked fine, warning lights worked, speedo and tach worked fine. never did get it fixed.

your problem sounds a little more in depth than mine though..

Well it sounds like a bit to chase down wires, now that i reread it, could be a number of things since it sounds like it was hacked up. Start from scratch if you have to, or get another gauge cluster.
Just found 2 wires in the fuse box h arness that were cut and the two charge wires that go to the fuse box. I tried soldering them but for some jacked up reason my soldering iron started to quit on me or something. Wasn't getting hot enough to meld solder into the strands and reconnect. I got one connected, the other I used a butt connector to re connect and the two large wires I jusst used butt connectors also since they are charge wires. Started it up and still nothing.
Hmm.. idk much about the wiring, but when i had my cluster apart in my old gs, i bumped the temp guage, and when i had it all back together i constantly had problems with it, also had trouble poping the cluster back into place, never seemed like my fuel guage read right, but my lights worked fine, warning lights worked, speedo and tach worked fine. never did get it fixed.

your problem sounds a little more in depth than mine though..

No Joke. I'm about to pull the ECU harness out some and inspect all the wires there. The "hack" job that was done to connect shit to the harness was actually done right, they soldered wires together. And all I did was cut the new wire off and re wrap the wires.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back