The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

gauge cluster not working 6 bolt swap.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BruceDSM

Probationary Member
Feb 8, 2015
Springfield, Missouri
Howdy, I'm new to the dsm world. Ive been searching and trying to figure this out, but anyways I bought a 95 talon tsi fwd 5 speed. Guy before me had swapped a 6 bolt and evo3 in it, motor is from a 91 awd. Tranny from a 95+ the dash and gauge clusters a 97 while the ecu is a 98 turbo convertible. My problem is the car starts and seems to be running fine. I just rebuilt it. But my gauges dont work, lights work but the gauges dont budge. Idk if the signal between the 98 ecu and 97 gauges are different. Ive tried pulling the cluster out and putting it back in. The PTU is hooked up the noise filter thing for the coil is hooked up how it was before I rebuilt it but it didnt work then either. The little blue blug by th firewall that I know as the "engine speed detector connector" doesnt have any other plug to it. It has a 91-92 cas. Also do I need to do plug swap or injector swap sorry I cant find much info on the 6 bolts swaps with a 98 ecu I dont even know if that really matters? I just really need a form if identifying how fast im going haha really scared to do much to the wires because it already looks butchered. Do I need to get a 95 ecu and dsmlink it would that allow meto utilize the gauges? Can I just hard wire them all with the 98? Sirry I really am a noob to the wiring on this swap so I am in dire need for some help! Thank you all!

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back