The Central Hub for DSM Community and Information

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. This is where the DSM platform history is documented and archived. Log in to help us in our mission, and to remove most ads from the browsing experience.

Profile Pic.jpg

Galant VR-4 Restoration #129/1458

Always wanted one ... purchased this car in pretty rough shape. Going to attempt to make this a restoration project with my son.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Well, here's the latest. We're kinda caught between a rock and a hard place. The windshield guy came out. He seems to think there's no way it's the windshield. I'm 100% convinced it is, so we disagree on that point. They can't, and I can't, find a new windshield anywhere. He's willing to try and pull and reset it, but he said it's 50/50 that it breaks. If it works and it fixes it - great. If it doesn't fix the leak, we only lost $200. If it breaks, we're screwed and I don't know what to do with this project. So ... I'm not sure what to do. We still have car #129, so I'm not sure if we drag that car home and start all over and swap everything into that shell? Major let down, that's for sure. I thought I'd pull the dash, find the leak, and we'd be on our way, but we've been battling this for almost a month now.
 
Last edited:
A good glass guy should be able to remove wind shield and not have it crack and all.
I was able to reuse mine in the car. They have good tools to remove them. It’s probably leaking from the urethane over age.
That’s how my 91 eclipse was leaking from the driver top corner of windshield.
Reseal and all took care of it.
Mabe ask another windshield guy?
I have 2 spare’s in cars if need one!
 
A good glass guy should be able to remove wind shield and not have it crack and all.
I was able to reuse mine in the car. They have good tools to remove them. It’s probably leaking from the urethane over age.
That’s how my 91 eclipse was leaking from the driver top corner of windshield.
Reseal and all took care of it.
Mabe ask another windshield guy?
I have 2 spare’s in cars if need one!

At this point, we're too far into the project - I think we just need to go for it. If I put the hose on the top corner of the windshield and run it down the a-pillar, water comes in at the floor board. I'm 100% sure it's exactly as you said - I think it's getting under the old urethane and coming in. So, I think I'm gonna call and get it set up, and just take off work that day.
 
Add Value - Be Respectful - No Trolling - No Misinformation - Participate Often!
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community

Build Thread Updates

Latest Classifieds

  • For sale 91-96 Auto DSM 300M Upgraded T-Case (USED)
    one of spares , brace is not included. Buyer covers shipping / fee.
    • The_Partout_Spot
    • Updated:
    • Expires
  • Wanted PASSENGER DOOR LOWER MOLDING
    WANTED
    • LA_gst
    • Updated:
    • Expires
  • For sale 2g 2g 1999 eclipse gs-t spyder
    Very clean 2g spyder, only modifications is 14b turbo with 3inch exhaust. Well maintained and...
    • DSM B
    • Updated:
    • Expires
  • For sale 2g 1996 Talon TSI AWD
    1996 Talon TSI AWD $10,500*** PENDING PICK UP ***- 90,421 miles ( will go up a little ) -...
    • jersygsx
    • Updated:
    • Expires
  • For sale 2g 2g power window motors. OEM
    RH and LH power window motors. OEM $40 each or $70 for the pair. Message 702-741-6987.
    • Galant665
    • Updated:
    • Expires
Back
Top