The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

FWD 5 speed 60 foot.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What wheel setups are you guys running?

Trying to find a solid wheel setup for my 2g and it looks like most run a slipstream but they are only 7-7.5” wide. Everything I’ve read says that wider is better on the FWD.

I was looking at running 26” QTP’s with a 15” wheel. I have an AWD trans in FWD mode.
Most fwd guys run 24x8x15. Personally I run 26x9x15. But that is pretty much as wide as I see people going without wider fenders. Personally, im getting cabonetics ar front fenders so I can get a but more radical with my slicks.

I run 15x8 +40 Slipstreams with 24x8.5 M&H Racemasters. This wheel setup also happens to clear the outlander front brake setup just barely for anyone that has them and is unsure of a 15” wheel option that works.

I run 15x8 +40 Slipstreams with 24x8.5 M&H Racemasters. This wheel setup also happens to clear the outlander front brake setup just barely for anyone that has them and is unsure of a 15” wheel option that works.

The 15x8’s are impossible to find. Biggest I can find is a 15x7.5 but I have to buy all 4 for that. I can get a pair of 15x7’s all day though. Just worried I might be sacrificing 60 with the smaller wheel.

I got mine last year and they used to be so easy to find and I had a hell of a time tracking them down. I honestly don’t remember what vendor I found with some available.

I got mine last year and they used to be so easy to find and I had a hell of a time tracking them down. I honestly don’t remember what vendor I found with some available.

if you remember, please post the name. I’ve been looking for a set myself. Keep finding 15’s with 4x100 pattern

I tried looking through my receipts and couldn’t find it but I emailed wheeltech360 earlier today and they said currently out of stock and back ordered until October 16-17th so sounds like not too far out if you wanted to try and contact them and place a back order for a couple.(This is for 15x8 +40 satin black)

This was on rx7 wheels. so 16x8 with the 26in hoosier QTP's. We plan to find some 15's and go down to a 24.5 tire for next season on the car. It will also now have a 6266 on a redjack racing twin scroll manifold. If we can get it down in the 1.6-1.8 60ft range and with the new power goal is to go 10's.

Bringing back from the dead. Car now has fresh motor with 6466. First time out at track it went 2.0 60ft 12.0@129mph. This was 16psi first, 23psi second, 31psi 3rd. Got it to hook enough it was bogging leaving off 2 step at 6,000rpm. Will be going back this weekend and will play with it more. But this new set up has so much power on tap. Will try adding rear damping and rebound and soften the front and see what it does. This was with same 26x9.5 QTPs at 15psi.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back