The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

Fuel rail bolt on AFPR

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

majik2k5

15+ Year Contributor
Jul 13, 2005
Lemoore, California
I've been searching all day for the AFPR's that are bolt on to the DSM fuel rails, but I've not been having much luck. I was hoping someone lurking around the boards would know of a vendor that still sells these. Any help would be great. Thanks again.

I'm after the one that works with the factory fuel rail. I have one already, however the vacuum fitting was knocked loose and it's creating a pretty severe boost leak now, so I'm looking to replace it.

Buschur used to make/sell one, not sure if they still do.

Someone recently had the brilliant idea to simply bolt the fpr on the other side of the rail. I cant seem to find the thread, but it was an amazingly simple twist on a common issue.

Basically flip flop the feed and the return around. Gives you loads of room to bolt it to the rail.

I've been able to find a few on eBay motors for 2g's. Just a standard OBX regulator which is all I'm really after. There's no major differences between the 1G and 2G fuel rails that I'm forgetting, is there? Here's what I managed to dig up.

Regulator - OBX

This vendor sells a rail bolt on regulator:
FFWD Connection - Race Injuns That Will Freeze Your Brain
Here is the thread where a member bolted on the AFPR on the opposite side of the rail that 91stocker was refering to:
http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/newbie-forum/451903-fuel-pressure-regulator-install-pictures.html

There is a difference between the 1g and 2g rails. The bolt pattern is different between (on the timing belt side, different bolt spacing) the two and the 1g rail is a tad shorter in length then the 2g.

Quick check through the vendors didn't show any "bolt-on" afprs but heres acouple of classified ads for users with them for sale. You might still be able to find the B&M compact but I'm pretty sure the old Buschur SX (bolt-on) has gone the way of the dinosaur.

Fuel rail with OBX FPR - DSM Classifieds

A Few Aftermarket Parts - DSM Classifieds

And it was a beautiful piece, glad I still have mine though. It has a leak though so I am wondering where to get it fixed, anyone on here know?

Here is the thread where a member bolted on the AFPR on the opposite side of the rail that 91stocker was refering to:
http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/newbie-forum/451903-fuel-pressure-regulator-install-pictures.html

There is a difference between the 1g and 2g rails. The bolt pattern is different between (on the timing belt side, different bolt spacing) the two and the 1g rail is a tad shorter in length then the 2g.

Thanks for that ^^. For some reason it wasn't coming up for me.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back