The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

2G Fuel Rail to AFPR Line Size?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jawar666

15+ Year Contributor
Jun 5, 2007
Costa Rica, Central_America
I'm about to install a new Walbro 255LPH High Pressure pump on my car...

SO, Following the recommendations on this forum, I will also install an Aeromotive AFPR with gauge... I will keep my OEM fuel rail...

My question is the following:

The size (I mean thickness) of the SS line I will use from the Fuel Rail to the AFPR, does it matter?

I'm asking because a friend of mine says that if the line is too thin, the pressure in the fuel rail will rise and the AFPR gauge would be lying... for me that's not true, But I want to ask the experts!

I believe -6 AN is pretty much the standard size used. At least that's what comes with the kits that I've seen. I don't see any reason why you can't go bigger with the right fittings. But going smaller than stock will raise fuel pressure independent of the AFPR. So your friend is correct.

The word to describe the size of the hose is diameter, not thickness.

-6AN is pretty much standard. If you're planning on flowing a lot of fuel with a dual pump set-up, you could go to -8AN. But -6 will be plenty for a single Walbro 255.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back