The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

1G front wheel bearing install, ripped off.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nuzzi

Proven Member
Jan 11, 2014
Torrington, Connecticut
So I needed a new front passenger wheel bearing on my 1G awd, I took the knuckle with new parts down to a garage and dropped it off thinking it wasn't a big deal to just replace the bearing and seals. They want to charge me $135!!! Pretty pissed, I would've just done it my dam self, in the past it would have cost like $20 or something since I already took it off the car. Does this sound right or am I being ripped off?
The knuckle wasn't beat up or anything, I even cleaned all the crud off it. Said it took them an hour and a half.

So I needed a new front passenger wheel bearing on my 1G awd, I took the knuckle with new parts down to a garage and dropped it off thinking it wasn't a big deal to just replace the bearing and seals. They want to charge me $135!!! Pretty pissed, I would've just done it my dam self, in the past it would have cost like $20 or something since I already took it off the car. Does this sound right or am I being ripped off?
The knuckle wasn't beat up or anything, I even cleaned all the crud off it. Said it took them an hour and a half.

A shop should charge 0.5 hr shop rate to remove and replace bearing with knuckle provided. A fair price would be around $50.

Why didnt you ask up front? Pay the piper.[DOUBLEPOST=1408144847][/DOUBLEPOST]This is also why I own a press

Check before you have someone do work and get it on paper too if possible. chalk it up as a lesson learned. Move on and next time buy more tools with the "extra" you would have to pay. Shop rates are going up right along with cost of living, fuel, and wages. Be your own shop. :)

I always do my own work, front wheel bearings and alignments are the only things I cant do and only because I don't have the tools. Guess ill be buying a press.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back