The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Front tires not spinning on awd

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RedGST98

10+ Year Contributor
Jun 22, 2011
las cruces, New_Mexico
I am posting this for a buddy of mine. He has just rebuilt the car and getting it back on the road. The issue he is having is that the speedo is not working. It is a new sensor and is being fed from a lsd installed. He said that the gears on both do line up but when on the road no speedo. When the sensor is pulled he can spin it by hand and it will so output.

He has an g1 awd that when power is out to the tires.. only the rear spin but the fronts do not.. What are your thoughts on to why the fronts will not spin? could it be the VC? (viscous coupler) is shot> or something else could be causing this?

He needs the speedo as he is running link and is using the 2stage and anti lag so it needs the read out of speed..

(in a nut shell) no power to the front, it is acting as if it is a rwd not a awd..

Ideas?

you think that if the center diff was broke that would effect the speedo as well? I'm with you thinking its the center diff or even the vc...

I've never had an issue with the speedo, so not sure what it could be on that. Hopefully someone with some trans experience can chime in.

I honestly believe that the speedo issue is the sensor gear and lsd gear are not lining up but he swears they are... but thats just one issue...LOL thank you for your input sir..

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back