The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

front case cleaning

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

3kgt2nv

10+ Year Contributor
Jan 7, 2011
poughkeepsie, New_York
Well im rebuilding my engine and looking at the front case I cant help but wonder if I should just pull the oil pump and clean it. the case itself unless cracked really cant fail since its just a plate with a gasket and oil passages. the pump ill disassemble and clean and reinstall it and put all new seals and gaskets on and prepack it with grease to prime the pump.

My question is am I wrong in thinking alot of people just replace the whole front case just to save a little time?

the motor this came off did not spin a bearing or have any major issue. I was a motor with low compression as a result of a sloppy build by the previous owner.

Any help by EXPERIENCED engine builders is appreciated.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back