The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Front Camber

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

napkinthief

15+ Year Contributor
Apr 16, 2005
Cliffside park, New_Jersey
How can I adjust my camber on my front tires? They are both wearing on the outside edges EXTREMELY fast. Just got brand new tires at the end of November and I am showing white strings now. I had an alignment done a few weeks before the tires were put on.

Something is out of whack as that would mean your car has positive camber, usually with dsm's its too much negative camber from being lowered. Do you have the sheet from when they did the alignment? Did you change any part of the suspension, tire size, or wheels when you put on the new tires as well? Are the insides of the tires showing any wear? If both outside and inside are showing wear its because they've been under-inflated. Just something else to consider.

napkinthief said:
How can I adjust my camber on my front tires? They are both wearing on the outside edges EXTREMELY fast. Just got brand new tires at the end of November and I am showing white strings now. I had an alignment done a few weeks before the tires were put on.

your problem is due to too much positive camber as stated above. why did you have your alighnment done before you put a new set of tires on. i reccomend another alighnment.

That kind of wear could also be from too much toe in.

It's difficult to get positive camber on the front of a 2G since it's not adjustable. Was the car in an accident? Did you hit a curb or something?

Do the wheels look like they have any positive camber? My bet is on too much toe in.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back