The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

FP intake filter question

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

genegoesfast

10+ Year Contributor
Dec 3, 2010
Nashville, Tennessee
I must be retarded but I can't see how fitting a round filter to a flattened pipe is gonna work.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

It's round on the turbo side but flattens out like it's meant be used with a 2g maf. I'm switching to sd so I want to put a filter directly on the fp pipe.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Since the K&N cone filter is rubber on the outlet you can form it into an oval, it slides right over it. Just don't be rough with the rubber, its a snug (not tight) fit so if you force it like an IC pipe coupler it could tear. Please don't ask me how I know this... :rolleyes:

:dsm:

Warm up the rubber on the filter (so its easily bendable) and form it to the ovalness of the pipe, that's what I had to do.

I've been using a 4" K&N filter directly on the pipe for over 5 years. All you have to do is put the filter on the pipe. No heating, bending, modification necessary. Rubber bends.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back