The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

ForcedFour SmartShift 100.1 review PART 2 of 2

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

When I did the 3g shifter in my 1g, it would just beep if 4th gear was disabled. Try holding the upshift button on the shift box, or the shifter while in 3rd gear. It should unlock 4th if that is your problem. If that doesn't work the problem is something else. I've installed three 3g shifters in 1g's, and 2 in 2g's all using forced four shift boxes. Shawn has always replied to all my emails with any questions along the way.
Shawn is super helpful... i still feel like od is not enabled. Like mentioned hold "up" while in 3rd until it activates

I have to hold the up button for around 5 seconds or maybe more and then it allows 4th, so hold onto the upshift button and you should here it "beep" and allow OD.
If you want to lock out 4th then hold the button down again until it beeps and then it is locked out again and the handheld should have a yellow light on when OD is locked out.

Thanks for all the info everyone. Last night i pulled the harness to check if i had messed everything up. Everything seemed to be how it should. Reinstalled everything, reset the tcu, calibrated the TPS and now it shift like it should. Not sure what the issue was but it seems to be corrected. Wish i knew why but im not sure. On the forced four software there is a diagnostic tab and at no point was the OD disable lit up. Ill have to go try holding the upshift again to see if it will disable. I tried holding it before when it wouldnt shift and didnt seem to make a difference. Not sure i held it for as long as ur saying though.

Very glad to hear that it is working correctly. It is a fun unit to have.
Thanks for reporting back in with the information that you DO have, for others. :thumb:

Plug and play harness example! Abs box will enncase the old tcu connector when done

Attachments

• 20210313_101316.jpg
    20210313_101316.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 42
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back