The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G Forced Four 100.1 wiring

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kidmet

Supporting Member
Jul 23, 2012
Aurora, Colorado
I've gotten most everything figured out as far as wiring until I opened the TCU switch. I understand the green wire on the switch goes to a 12v source. (Why are there two 12V wires?) . Then the brown and yellow get me confused. Anyone know or have a diagram how these should be wired? I know it says there are two wires from the TCU fuse and there is a power wire in the TCU plug and a backup power wire, but I'm unsure how these all get wired. I hope I explained well enough for someone to help me.

The two solenoid wires have me confused as well.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

below are how I have my wires mapped on paper.

8wire plug
Red to 12V (can I use the TCU power wire?) [I also know the TCU switch can change this answer]
black ground(can I use TCU ground wire?)
Blue to blue and yellow pin 14 (pressure control solenoid)
Brown to orange pin 15 (solenoid b)
Yellow to gray pin 2 (solenoid a)
Green not used (shift solenoid c)
White and black not used (digital output 1)

10wire plug
white to white pin 48 [ign pulse] (engine rpm)
Pink to yellow/white pin 40 [vehicle speed Reed sw] (input for vehicle speed)
Green to brown/red pin 21 (throttle position sensor input)

The rest unused. Do I need the brake input?

98 GST spyder

Last edited:
I don't have the updated firmware. You have to send it back in, right? I used that post to figure out a lot of my wiring, but still stuck on the switch. I'll reread it.

You don't need brake input. Do you have the Latest version of firmware? Some changes have been made to make it a great replacement for your factor TCU. I don't even run my factory unit anymore.
See if this helps......
https://www.dsmtuners.com/threads/forcedfour-smartshift-100-1-review-part-1-of-2.513993/
Let me know if I can help in any other way.
Marty

Yes you have to send it in but you have the latest stuff and its nice. Some refinements on the VSS signal and some other refinements. You just need solenoids a and b and the pressure solenoid for outputs. VSS, RPM, TPS for the inputs. I don't have the wire colors in front of me but if you can't find the correct colors from a FSM I can look at my wire colors, pretty sure they were in one of the wiring diagrams.

I believe I have all that mapped out. Going to tap wires in case I ever need to go back to stock and just take out the tcu. I emailed them to see if I can send my box back for an update.

Going to add sport versus econ mode and auto versus manual.

Yes you have to send it in but you have the latest stuff and its nice. Some refinements on the VSS signal and some other refinements. You just need solenoids a and b and the pressure solenoid for outputs. VSS, RPM, TPS for the inputs. I don't have the wire colors in front of me but if you can't find the correct colors from a FSM I can look at my wire colors, pretty sure they were in one of the wiring diagrams.

If I recall..... the brake switch was only needed to help wit softer shifting while pushing in the brake. DId this new release change that? I never attached mine originally and it wasnt bad. Was thinking about doing it now that Im playing with this car again.

I also made a plug and play out of an old TCU that was destroyed(dont send them to people from forums you dont know for fixing LOL) Makes it real easy to go back to an old tcu if you need to for some reason(my shift box had an error and needed new firmware so this kept me up and running)

Picture is the raw design. I then wrapped wires in silicone tape so it looks like a proper harness!

Attachments

• 20181208_204706.jpg
    20181208_204706.jpg
    750.1 KB · Views: 142
this is for a 95 to 99 but you get the idea with the toggle switch. it draws power from the fused power line in the TCU harness and directs it to EITHER the shift box, or back to the factory harness.. but never both at the same time

Attachments

• 95-99_shiftbox_BASIC_diagram.gif
    95-99_shiftbox_BASIC_diagram.gif
    237.8 KB · Views: 365
You need those diodes wired in also as a fail safe in case they are on at the same time. If you get used to it, I think you will probably just always run the SmartShift, I love that thing. Tossed my TCU along time ago.
@enriquez2000 , the new release has some bugs and irregularities worked out. I sent my box in and love the new firmware and recommend it. :thumb:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back