The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

For those running 25-30 psi what boost controller do you use?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boostadd1ct

10+ Year Contributor
Aug 4, 2012
hayward, California
I have an internal 50trim turbo(rs49t)
I will be boosting this at around 25-30psi down the line. Never had a problem with evc but I never ran it over 22 psi on my old car.

Looking at the tech they don't recomend electronic ones for that boost level.
Which surprised me since I thought evc are much better at controlling boost than mbc.

So I'm curious what do you guys use? I'm thinking of going with hallman pro mbc at like $80.
Any recommendation?

AEM truboost currently but will eventually switch to the AMS 500. Truboost is great, eventhough a lot of people knock it. Problem is, its just like their ems....you have to take the time to learn how it works and how to work IT. If you do, you'll love it...if you don't, you won't. For your mods and that boost level, I'd go with the hallman manual.

I really like the Hallman mbcs but I am using the Perrin mbc spiking 30psi holding 25psi.
Like I said in your earlier post I had issues with aem tru boost and dialing it in. So for ease I just switched over to a mbc no issues.

I run the Forge with stiff spring. Starts out at about 24psi on the zero setting.

im planning on ecm link with this set up.

If you have ECMlink just use the boost control solenoid.

I was unaware that link was able to act as a boost controller. I looked at their site and it didnt show it. anyone has a link?

would be cool to have 1 less things

Link for solenoid

ECMTuning, Inc.

Link for Boost Control Wiki

boostcontrol [ECMTuning - wiki]

I use it on my car, it's pretty cool to adjust boost via link.

Looks very good, and cheaper than ebc or hallman.

I read on the wiki that this is modeled after the 2g so does that mean 1g have to add a wiring to the ecu?

I looked at my 1992 talon tsi and found a similar "socket" but not 100% the same. It's wired together with the maf socket thT has been split into y.

So if that made sense. It's one wiring harness then splits into 2. One plugs to the Maf the other isn't plug to anything. Is this the one that you guys used?

Or is this 2g strictly?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back