The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

First off, SICK OF BEING LOCKED OUT OF TECH FORUMS

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lol Defiant how long did that post take you?

Defiant for president :)

On a serious note, it really makes me mad when posts like this come out. What makes people believe that they are so special that they can get special rights to bypass the rules mandated on a website? Hell, I'm a new poster on dsmtalk, Njtuners, sjdsm, etc (under 100 posts) and they all have their own special rules. I'm a wiseman here, that doesn't make me any more qualified than joe-shmoe that has the same post count as I do on the other forums.

The newbie forums do get most of the attention. I am a proven member and still post here alot unless my question is very technical.

But while we are complaining, I am approaching 200 posts and can't even get a single reputation point. What does a brother got to do? And don't tell me to answer questions and be helpful, b/c I do both. It's a conspiracy I tell you:shhh:

Trust me, before I became a wiseman it would be MONTHS between reputation points. Wiseman and moderators can't always seek out every intellectual post and award a member for it. Besides, it's not about getting stupid little chicklets next to your name when you give tech posts. It's about helping the DSMer who has a question, if you genuinely do that, then the points will come. Personally, I don't award members that contribute "known" technical information that any shlepp-rock knows; I award the members who take the time and thoughtfullness to post a full, concise, accurate answer to the cause & effect of a question. Those types of meaningful posts always merit reputation points IMO, a lot more than "gap your BPR6ES plugs to .028" type of posts (not saying you do).

The secret is "be willing to help others" Be accurate and concise. Know what you are talking about and you will find that the rewards will eventually come your way. That's not so hard.

blcknspo0ln said:
I don't award members that contribute "known" technical information that any shlepp-rock knows; I award the members who take the time and thoughtfullness to post a full, concise, accurate answer to the cause & effect of a question. Those types of meaningful posts always merit reputation points IMO, a lot more than "gap your BPR6ES plugs to .028" type of posts (not saying you do).

LOL. :thumb:

You have to impress me not just spit up the same information that a search would have provided if the poster had bothered. The impression might be how well presented the information was or a unique thought on a time worn subject but it's expected and actually required, if you read the rules, that people responding know something about the topic. So why should someone get points for just being correct?

As explained before, If you answering questions just to get points you need to examine your motivations. While I respect those people that find all the answers to their questions without posting, they aren't really contributing to the site by helping those who can't figure out how to do the same.

Wiseman and moderators can't always seek out every intellectual post and award a member for it.

I pretty much left the points giving to the Wisemen, I was usually too busy responding to reported posts. I know some of the Mods do give them out though, but not for free. I think the system was better off in the hands of the members but that is just my opinion. The Wisemen have enough questions to answer and the Mods have enough threads to manage without piling the responsibility of being the sole point-givers on the site. The job isn't easy and it's done for free, with very little in the way of thanks.

Things may be different now, though. People seem a little more well-behaved these days. That, or I'm just noticing it less. :confused:

Besides, it's not about getting stupid little chicklets next to your name when you give tech posts.
Hey I want chicklets!! Gimmee some or......uh.........or....I'll complain a lot :mad:

And pout........ I'll pout too! That'll show you guys ROFL

MB

Besides, it's not about getting stupid little chicklets next to your name when you give tech posts.

But the chicklets decide how cool you are.

I was just joking around about rep. points. That is the problem with the internet, can't lay on the sarcasm. I thought it was just as stupid of a complaint as the OPs. I answer questions to help others just as they have helped me. I love these forums and agree that everyone should give back.

PART OF THE REASON I AM PROUD TO OWN A DSM, IS THE COMMUNITY THAT I REPRESENT.

I have noticed that some threads that weren't finished were deemed finished my certain mods and then closed when the thread could have gone on much longer into the beginning subject, and that some certain mods think that they can just push other members around because they think they know more than everyone else. Every one has something to offer, even if you don't have thousands of posts.

Not pointing any fingers, just making statements, so don't go off the handle anyone.

+100:thumb: Amen to that.

Put it this way, I've never met any of the wiseman or mods in person. They dont know who I am or anything about me other than I own a DSM. Yet they've never hesitated to helping me in dealing with issues concerning my car. At the end of the month I dont cut them a check, so they're doing this out of the goodness of there heart. I for one appreciate that and think people need to start appreciating that as well.

Ask not what dsmtuners can do for, ask what you can do for dsmtuners!ROFROFL

Lol, I just wish some of them would be a little more polite about it.

I pretty much left the points giving to the Wisemen, I was usually too busy responding to reported posts. I know some of the Mods do give them out though, but not for free. I think the system was better off in the hands of the members but that is just my opinion. The Wisemen have enough questions to answer and the Mods have enough threads to manage without piling the responsibility of being the sole point-givers on the site. The job isn't easy and it's done for free, with very little in the way of thanks.

Things may be different now, though. People seem a little more well-behaved these days. That, or I'm just noticing it less. :confused:

I think you don't see it (or rather, choose not to see it LOL ) Same ol' newbie DSM crowd.

Hey I want chicklets!! Gimmee some or......uh.........or....I'll complain a lot :mad:

And pout........ I'll pout too! That'll show you guys ROFL

MB

ROFL My e-thugness will beat out your e-thugness

But the chicklets decide how cool you are.

I was just joking around about rep. points. That is the problem with the internet, can't lay on the sarcasm. I thought it was just as stupid of a complaint as the OPs. I answer questions to help others just as they have helped me. I love these forums and agree that everyone should give back.

Yes, you're right, the internet is a crappy place for sarcasm. I posted that in goodwill too, after I re-read it, I sound like an asshole. ahhh well :sneaky:

Lol, I just wish some of them would be a little more polite about it.

Well, if we did that, where will grow your e-hair for your e-sack? ROFL

I like smileys :):)

I have noticed that more people whine on this site than anywhere else. I am on probably 10 forums, only 2 DSM related one's and this by far is the worst. BUT they have the best rules I just wish people would use the search function a little better. Love the new thing they have where when you type in the forum title it brings up related threads. Nice improvement. Other than that this is the best/worst forum I get on. I used to post 10-15 times a day. It is down to 1-2 a weekish.

I think you don't see it (or rather, choose not to see it LOL ) Same ol' newbie DSM crowd.

Now that I think about it, it's probably due to the fact that I'm no longer the one who has to deal with it. I can ignore it now :)

wow i think you guys have beat beat this one into submission. :beatentodeath: i dont think he is going to be using this site anymore.

i think we all agree that the rules here are not that bad at all. i feel they are to keep useless crap or overused stuff of the site.

I have noticed that some threads that weren't finished were deemed finished my certain mods and then closed when the thread could have gone on much longer into the beginning subject, and that some certain mods think that they can just push other members around because they think they know more than everyone else. Every one has something to offer, even if you don't have thousands of posts.

Not pointing any fingers, just making statements, so don't go off the handle anyone.

Most of the threads that you speak of are closed for a reason. Generally, those reasons include, but not limited to, repeat threads, flaming threads, wtb/wts ads, just getting out of hand/off topic, etc.

Now that I think about it, it's probably due to the fact that I'm no longer the one who has to deal with it. I can ignore it now :)

I vote that you are just getting too damned old to notice.:tease:

I have noticed that some threads that weren't finished were deemed finished my certain mods and then closed when the thread could have gone on much longer into the beginning subject.
If you come across anything wrong or even questionable, feel free to report the thread. Threads are not supposed to be locked for "running their course", but keeping quiet won't fix anything either. More users need to be familiar with the Report button. ----->
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Well the biggest one was I was getting help w/my car. The thread wasn't but maybe 4 or 5 days old and it was closed. Defiant said "Apparently about as resolved as it's going to be." And closed it. It wasn't near finished and I still had a million questions and info to report from my findings from working on my car. Oh well, I guess I will just start a new one sometime.

BTW I just reported the thread and my reason, didn't know what that button did.

Well the biggest one was I was getting help w/my car. The thread wasn't but maybe 4 or 5 days old and it was closed. Defiant said "Apparently about as resolved as it's going to be." And closed it. It wasn't near finished and I still had a million questions and info to report from my findings from working on my car. Oh well, I guess I will just start a new one sometime.

BTW I just reported the thread and my reason, didn't know what that button did.
I took care of it. Feel free to add to your thread now. And don't forget about the "report" button for future reference. ;)

Mods get bent out of shape on here fast...

But there was a point when there was alot of rice and bullshit on the forum, and they had to ban and clean everything up

Mods get bent out of shape on here fast...

But there was a point when there was alot of rice and bullshit on the forum, and they had to ban and clean everything up

It wasn't the rice, it was more the inaccurate information being spread around. Bullshit too.

They put up with a lot of crap, I know first hand.

Ah. So your concern wasn't that some threads were closed, but that your thread -wherein after a week you'd still not made the first step in diagnosing a DSM motor- was closed.

Well, it's open now. Has that made your motor any better? Or have you looked, yet?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back