The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

factory 2 piston big rotor upgrade 276mm-294mm

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

94awdcoupe

15+ Year Contributor
Nov 6, 2004
tampa, Florida
I have been aware of this for awhile now. A few years ago I came across a post on the early evo forums about a factory rotor upgrade for the evo 1-3. Early evos use same brakes as 2g AWD. 276mm (10.9") rotor and 2-piston calipers. The RVR which is the evo 3 drivetrain factory installed in EXPO body. The vehicle uses a 294mm (11.6") rotor and the same 2 piston calipers. All you need for upgrade is the larger rotors and caliper brackets. After about ten hours of research I found the details needed to get these parts here in the states.
The bracket part number is MR307282.
The rotors come from 2005-2006 Outlander. They are identical dimensions to 276mm rotor except for 294mm diameter.
1G guys could just buy rotors and calipers from salvage outlander from your local junk yards. 2G guys just need the rotors and brackets.
happy stopping..

Last edited:
heres a side by side of the gsx brake and the outlander brake from the 2005-2006. The outlander brake is about 8.6mm taller from the bracket hole to the top of the caliper. You can use any pad for the gsx in this to.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Last edited:
some pics of the install. almost clears a 15inch volk. a light 30 thousand shave off high spots of calipers and it should work. clears the 16s nice.

I can confirm that the stock 2gb 16" wheels fit over the 11.6" rotors and outlander brackets. There is about 3mm of clearance from the spoke to the caliper body. Really close...:rocks:

I'll post up my pictures later today.

I used:
brackets from a us 2005 outlander from junkyard $40
centric premium 11.6" rotors $ $90 for both
ebc greenstuff pads $50

Great upgrade, you can really feel the difference in torque! Stops much harder.

Last edited:
Pad will be industry #530, the same pads used on the twin-piston DSM calipers and the Outlander calipers.

The Outlander calipers are basically identical to a 2G caliper in that they are twin-piston and use a banjo bolt....the 1G twin-piston calipers are set up so the line threads directly in.

Had this upgrade for awhile, they work great, i also upgraded to a 3G master cylinder 1-1/16" and brake booster

My question: i have a 92 talon awd, stock single piston front calipers. do i need the brackets as well? if i just have to buy calipers, rotors, lines and pads then i will do this asap. so, in my situation, do i need the brackets for this to be bolt on?

My question: i have a 92 talon awd, stock single piston front calipers. do i need the brackets as well? if i just have to buy calipers, rotors, lines and pads then i will do this asap. so, in my situation, do i need the brackets for this to be bolt on?

yes, single piston caliper bracket is different than the dual piston caliper bracket

yes, single piston caliper bracket is different than the dual piston caliper bracket

+1. Significant size dif between single piston brackets and 2 piston brackets.

Talking with a buddy last night as well we discovered there isn't much dif between the 2g brackets and the outlander brackets with the exception that the mounting holes are moved in slightly on the outlander bracket, pushing the bracket out a tad further to accommodate the larger rotor.

The other thing to consider is that brake lines from a 1G will not hook up to a 2g GSX or Outlander caliper. However, your 1G lines will work with N/T 3000gt/Stealth calipers.

I already have the N/T Stealth brakes on my car, so I will just be swapping in the brackets and bigger rotors.

Last edited:
for the record, Outlander brakes will NOT fit with 2G 5 spoke rims. Installed them today, and caliper hits the spoke. Time to bust out the grinder and shave some caliper away...

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back