The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Extra Shifter After Putting On A New Shift Knob

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

audiousECLIPSE

15+ Year Contributor
Feb 10, 2004
Mankato-Area, Minnesota
So, I just bought some cheapo Type-S shift knob from Advanced Auto Parts. Now I have some extra shifter sticking out from the boot. Is there any way to pull the boot up over the extra shifter? Or do I need to buy a new boot?

i used electrical tape, but i cut a piece or random wire, and taped it around with electiral tape, it will give it much more support this way.

Hahahh, Best way IMO is to get a bunch of washers in the right size, put those on, then slide the boot onto them. Tigthten the shift knob down, itll bend the washers a little bit but the washers keep the boot up so there will be absolutely no play (in the boot falling down) or shifter showing. Definitely makes it look non-ghetto rigged.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back