The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

Exhausts that are not angled/cannons and quiet

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CanadianTalonTC

10+ Year Contributor
Jul 8, 2011
Lethbridge, AB_Canada
Hey guys,

I'm back into the DSM game after a couple years :) I had lost my 97 TSI AWD to a deer and just picked up a stock 1998 Black AWD TSi with 95,000 km (59,000) miles :rocks:. I am not sure what I want to do with it yet but I'd like to get a catback/downpipe.

Between vehicles I had a Greddy Evo 2 exhaust for my Subaru WRX and it sounded fantastic, looked great and was quiet at cruise/idle. I can't go back to another droning talon after I got used to my WRX haha.

So my question is, who makes an exhaust that is quiet(ish) at cruise and isn't a huge muffler like an N1 or HKS etc hanging out the back? I saw the evo 2 was made for the GSX at one point but I cannot find one anywhere :(.

Thanks in advance! I also included a couple pics of my old one for reference.

Joel

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

The Thermal R&D has a tip that looks like it goes straight back, instead of angling to the side, so it has a clean look to it. The actual muffler part of the exhaust is angled though, see bottom pic.

Thermal R&D AWD Exhaust

:dsm:

3" borla custom painted black

Unpainted

The Megan M-OE looks stock, and is three inch. Personally if I could afford to blow the money on one right now I would.

I have three resonators on my Talon as well as the stock 14b. Between them my exhaust is very quiet for a 3 inch. There is an exhaust drone while cruising but honestly it's not bad. However with my current exhaust if I had a less restrictive turbo I'm sure the exhaust would be much louder.

Thanks for the replies guys, The Thermal R&D looks alright except the tip is enormous still. I saw a posting of somebody welding another muffler into the R&D and it nearly eliminated the drone. I'll have to look into that.

I've been considering a custom exhasut but the local guys are not overly great and I have no way of knowing sound/drone when it is finished. :(

Joel

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back