The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

EVOX Brembo swap

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmdst28

10+ Year Contributor
May 4, 2009
Monroeville, Pennsylvania
i am currently in the middle of doing the EvoX brembo swap on my 2g and have run into a roadblock sort to speak. Has anyone else done this conversion on a 2g yet? i have not been able to find much information about it. i have the fronts bolted on and they seem to be good but the rears is where im having trouble, after removing my stock rotors and putting the evox rotor on The center hub hole does not fit!!! inwas think of buying evo 8-9 rotors but i am not sure if the evox caliper will fit an 8-9 rotor as the appear to be bigger. im stumped, i have alot invested in these and now am stuck and not sure which direction i should go in!!! If anyone has any knowledge with this installation i would greatly appreciate some feedback on where to go next.

thanks

Last edited:
The rears require you to use the evo 8 & 9 rotor with the X calipers. The calipers themselves are also not direct bolt-ons, as the backing plate needs to be modified to make them fit. The bolts on the X caliper are larger in diameter than the 8 & 9 and the bolt spacing is further apart as well. Then you have to cut a section of the plate off to clear the caliper. There are pictures of what I am talking about in the Brembo brake thread.

Edit:

I linked the incorrect thread above. it is actually this one.

Last edited:
is there a clear answer as to whether the evox calipers will work with 8-9 rotors? i really dont want to have to ditch these rear X calipers and find 8-9 calipers and rotors if i dont have to. it was mentioned in that link @steve-o_95_GST but there reall wasnt real clarity in anyones answer

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back