The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Evo Suspension

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

habitatguy187

15+ Year Contributor
Aug 20, 2008
Indianapolis, Indiana
Looking to buy a full set of evo springs/struts for my 1g and surprisingly enough haven't found anyone claiming to do it yet. Of course the gvr4 guys have been doing it for years. I found a decent thread on it here but again no one who's done it on a 1g has chimed in.

I'm just looking for someone with firsthand experience about how a 1g rides on evo suspension.

I have the mr bilsteins on my awd 1g. I found some random LCA bushings to use as the lower mounts on the rear, everything else was a bolt in. I'm using coil overs, but I've read that the Evo spring will result in a higher ride height than you might want.

I have the evo suspension on my 1g with the evo Tien lowering springs on them, front sits real nice, but the back is a little high for my tasting. Also make sure when you take it to a place you trust to align it, that you tell them about the adjustable camber in the front.

Attachments

• 8208755700_34d1c95d79.jpg
    8208755700_34d1c95d79.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 371
Back from the dead...

So I am leaning towards this setup for my 1g instead of Koni's/GC. A lot of the setups I see for sale are in the $500-$800 range. Quite a few options have the bilsteins with lowering springs and tein camber plates. Will the tein camber plates work on a 1G? I don't want to pay extra on this setup for stuff that won't work/I don't need...

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back