The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

1G Possible Evo 8 suspension adapters??

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pearl4gtsi

15+ Year Contributor
Jul 17, 2004
yonkers, New_York
So a buddy of mine has a 3kgt and I've been helping him work on it. While looking at the 3sx.com website for performance parts, I came across this kit...

http://www.3sx.com/store/comersus_viewItemBundle.asp?idProduct=34892

It's an adapter kit to make the Evo 8 suspension a direct bolt on the the 3kgt. While working on his car, the suspension mounting points seem to be exactly the same as it is on the 1g. I'm curious if anyone has seen this or tried this vs fabing and welding to make it fit.

I'm curious because I've been contemplating changing to the Evo 8 suspension due to availability and a much wider array of options vs what's available for our platform.

If no one has tried it, I may pick it up and see if it works, and worse comes to worst, I can sell it to my buddy if it doesn't work. I just don't have an Evo 8 suspension to test fit. I'll ask a friend that I think has a set laying around.

Thoughts? Comments?

It's an awd. And I have seen that post before, but that's for factory strut swap. I'm going performance. I guess I just like the idea of having it be a bolt on affair and wanted to know if this would work.... not that I can't fab and weld on my own.

I currently have Tein super street coil overs with pillow top mounts. My thoughts are to buy a Tein suspension kit for an Evo, swap the top mounts from my current to the Evo suspension and use this kit so that it's a complete bolt on setup.

I do love my Tein suspension but wish I had height adjust and the option to use the Tein EDFC Active controller.

Honestly, the Bilsteins would be a better upgrade than the Tein coilovers. You can have GC conversion made for them, and the Bilsteins are rebuildable/revalvable to suit your needs.

Last edited:
I concur with this 2g guy above. The Brillstein's are a real racing shock with unlimited tunability. The only drawback is that you have to take them apart to do it.

I'm working on the evo 8 shocks for my car, and will be doing my own coliover kit. I will eventually be building a shock dyno and valving them myself.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back