The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

evo III turbo install question

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZigsGSX97

15+ Year Contributor
Apr 30, 2004
Hickory Hills, Illinois
ok so i'm installing my evo III big 16g this saturday and i need something answered. in the picture below is my stock turbo and i just pulled off the 2 hoses that run to the turbo. Now, the green circles are not my problem because the evo III has the wastegate nipple that i attach the hose to. BUT on the turbo below the turbine where the red circle is is another nipple. my evo III doesn't have that nipple in that location or anywhere else on the turbo and i don't know where to hook that red circles hose up to. I got the installation kit and there's a small pipe that hooks up after the j-pipe with what looks like a hose attachment. that couldn't be it could it? Yeah so i don't know where to hook that damn thing to.

Attachments

• 113_1396b.jpg
    113_1396b.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 269
yeah the kit came with a small like 5 inch pipe after the j-pipe with a nipple on it for a hose...i'm guessing that's where i attach it?

That would be your pressure source for the BCS. Your 14B won't have a nipple on it, the boost source will be located on the j-pipe or the lower ic piping like stated above. Most likely you will need a longer vacuum hose instead of that little stub.

zigs while you are at it though, you might want to get rid of those iridum spark plugs as our cars like the factory NGK plugs (BRP6ES)(and one range colder - BRP7ES for higher than stock boost) and plus you save quite a bit of money on plugs :thumb:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back