The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

2G Event roll racing

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FAQGSX222

Proven Member
Jul 26, 2015
Louisville, Tennessee
Has anyone roll raced at an event? I can't afford drag racing(break too many parts) but I've seen events lately that have roll racing. If anyone has ran any of the events what setup are you running?

I'm right outside Knoxville, TN. I'll try to find some 1/2 mile events. That's surprising that you've broken more roll racing. I honestly thought drivetrain would break more from hard launch rather a roll. I definitely have more drag strips near me than 1/2 mile events so I'll be doing that before any events. I'm still working a few bugs out before either.

They have roll racing events here in Maryland.

My setup is E85 and PTE 6266 at the time I was making 400HP at 15lbs and trapping a 128mph at a 20 roll.

But since then I have up the boost to 35lbs and made 630hp. And I haven’t yet been back. But I will when the summer hits.

It’s a quarter mile!!! They have us rolling at 20mph before we hit the beams. 400whp was ok but nothing like 600 LOL. I love doing rolls not worrying about breaking transmissions or drivetrain parts which I have been threw 5 trans so far. And no I’m NOT going auto.

You’ll break more transmissions from a roll. If you weld the center diff you’ll never break a trans on a launch unless you’re making stupid power. At 500+ to the wheels you’ll strip 3rd or 4th gear. At 600+ It get frequent.

If you’re using a stock 93+ gearset you’ll explode the 3-4 hub/slider over 450hp.

I used to brake brand new axles drag racing in my 1G GSX back in the day. I assumed that was normal. I'm going to give both a try and see what brakes. I'm extremely glad to be back in the DSM life! The information from everyone here is definitely useful. I appreciate the feedback.

Don’t use drag radials. Run a regular street tire or slicks. You also need a clutch that’ll slip under power without dying. I regularly am still slipping the clutch at the 60’.

You’ll break more transmissions from a roll. If you weld the center diff you’ll never break a trans on a launch unless you’re making stupid power. At 500+ to the wheels you’ll strip 3rd or 4th gear. At 600+ It get frequent.

If you’re using a stock 93+ gearset you’ll explode the 3-4 hub/slider over 450hp.

I went from 400whp to 630whp and I can vouch for that. I recently blew my jacks trans which I only had for a month. And I blew it while doing a pull at 60mph. Anymore power I make which would require me to go auto or dog box.

I've come to the disappointing realization that my '98 GSX is in need of a complete engine bay resurrection consisting of engine trans removal.:cry: I could probably get away "short cutting" some repairs to get it running right but I'll be disappointed with the outcome. So any type of racing will have to wait a few months. My vlog on YouTube has been slowly building itself but I'm waiting to post until I fully dedicate my time. Until then, building my son's '95 Civic hatch :barf: follow 222 Garage if anyone wants to watch a DSM guy fumble around a Civic LOL

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back