The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

1G Engine oil on slave cylinder

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AWD-Tony

Proven Member
Sep 11, 2017
Cincinnati, Ohio
After I drive the car, there’s ENGINE oil on my slave cylinder. I don’t/can’t see where it’s coming from. The turbo oil feed from the head is blocked off and not leaking so I assume it’s coming from here.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Just want to know if anyone has experienced this leak. I did not check this after I got it back from the machine shop.

So you didn’t install the plug yourself? ( no judgement, just confirming) definitely seems like it should have sealant. Also, as I recall from browsing parts pages, the threads on these plugs are similar to but not the same as npt. A shop might make that mixup.

I would think if oil could seep down from there onto the slave, it might could also get into the clutch, which would be more than a nuisance. But maybe not. That’s not the easiest location to investigate when everything is in the car ( though these cars that’s more often the case than not).

So you didn’t install the plug yourself? ( no judgement, just confirming) definitely seems like it should have sealant. Also, as I recall from browsing parts pages, the threads on these plugs are similar to but not the same as npt. A shop might make that mixup.

I would think if oil could seep down from there onto the slave, it might could also get into the clutch, which would be more than a nuisance. But maybe not. That’s not the easiest location to investigate when everything is in the car ( though these cars that’s more often the case than not).
Yeah I did not double check it which is my fault. There is a possibility that oil could get on the back of the flywheel wheel but not the clutch unless it gets out of control. The starter plate is between the two so I’m not too worried about that for now at least. Plus the leak isn’t too bad. Doesn’t even drip onto the floor.

That would explain a small leak, for sure, oil pressure being what it is. Really simple fix, but not necessarily easy with the location.
I know. Have to drop the trans for this 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back