1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

1G Engine mounts

Posted by Blkapache01, Oct 27, 2020

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI
  1. Blkapache01

Blkapache01 Proven Member

Joined Mar 28, 2017
    Birmingham, Alabama
    Hey folks,

Great news. I'm back running after I got my ECU back from ecmtuning last weekend. GREAT work, BTW !!!
    I need to know where I can get a factory insert/mount for the driver side. I see a lot of them advertised for the 1.8 but I have the 2.0 and they won't fit. I put in polyeurthane inserts after the factory rubber went out and this vibration is too much. I'm used to a quiet ride and smooth feel now my windows and mirrors just shake and vibrate. I definitely want to go back to factory....or at least a factory feel.
    Can anyone tell me where I can get a factory (or at least factory OEM feeling) insert or mount. Again, it's the driver side engine mount and it has to be 2.0 NOT the 1.8. Thanks in advance.

Street Build 600  0

1991 Eagle Talon N/T
    manual · 1G DSM
  2. Widgmaster

Widgmaster Supporting VIP

Joined Aug 24, 2018
    Sarnia, ON, Canada

157  12

1969 Volkswagen Electric Cart
    rwd · automatic · Misc Vehicles

154  1

1977 Glastron Aqua Lift
    awd · automatic · Misc Vehicles

180  1

2002 Dodge Dakota Extended Cab
    rwd · automatic · Misc Vehicles

354  10

2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT
    fwd · automatic · Misc Vehicles
  3. Mech Addict

Mech Addict Supporting Member

Joined Jun 9, 2019
    Jackson, Wyoming
    I have searched far and wide for this part. You're correct that they can hardly be found except for the 1.8L, which are like $35. If you can find the one for a 2.0L, it will be priced at like $200. I ordered one on Amazon (supposedly Anchor part 9206) for $175, but it really looked just like the ones for the 1.8L (two large cutouts), and not like the factory original for the 2.0L (one large cut-out in the rubber, and one skinny "smile"). It was in an Anchor box, but within that was a bag made by "Kappa", and it did say part # 9206 on the bag). My old original had nearly torn completely, and I only found it because I was doing the timing belt. I did end up installing a mount that looks more like the one for a 1.8L (Kappa 9206), and everything seems OK, but I've only had it together and running again for a short time to see.

Most folks do just use the poly insert, and I'm interested to hear that you did not find that acceptable.

Street Build 609  6

1990 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    awd · manual · 1G DSM
  4. Blkapache01

Joined Mar 28, 2017
    Birmingham, Alabama

Street Build 600  0

1991 Eagle Talon N/T
    manual · 1G DSM
  5. Blkapache01

Joined Mar 28, 2017
    Birmingham, Alabama
    Yeah, some folks swear by them but this isn't for me. Not used to shaking/vibrating mirrors. :(

Street Build 600  0

1991 Eagle Talon N/T
    manual · 1G DSM