The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Engaging issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gst fat

15+ Year Contributor
Jun 22, 2007
Miami, Florida
ok so a couple of weeks ago i was driving home when all of a sudden my car began to give me problems going into gear.
Then i called my boy up n we changed the slave cylinder,i bought the extended rod from extreme psi and istalled still gave issues then i called my tuner he came over and saw the rod on the master cylinder very rusted he wasnt able to adjust the nut,he said that could be the issue,ok so i got a new master cylinder and installed correctly and adjusted it all the way
yes car drove fine i went to go pump gas and even raced an sc300 on boost and won...LOL,anyways pumped gas and on the way out the car started with the same exact problem,checked today and bled the clutch just incase there was air in lines but all was ok.
tranny was rebuilt about 8 months ago and a new clutch was installed act 2100 with act street disc .is it possible my clutch is messed up(the springs on the disc)
i am sure the tranny is fine but is there something i missed? the rod on the new master cylinder is adjusted all the way and the slave cylinder is engaging fully as well

I don't believe the clutch is properly bled. Having the master cylinder adjusted all the way out is not the proper way. The slave cylinder is not self adjusting itself because its not set up correctly. I tell everyone to watch this video first when it comes to adjusting the clutch hydraulics. Have your mechanic/tuner take a look at this. After you do these steps, start looking into other problems.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/vYJxQyjIhUw&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vYJxQyjIhUw&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

What flywheel?
if it was stock, did you have it resurfaced and stepped?
is the clutch not engaging or not disengaging?
have you tried a SS line to get rid of the accumulator in the stock line? (not a 100% but it can't hurt)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back