The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

General Ecu and moates not working, help?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Bramall

Probationary Member
Feb 14, 2019
Vernon, BC_Canada
Hey there. I'm having some issues with my car right now. I'm building up a 93 AWD turbo laser and it's ecu is non EPROM. So I bought a ecu that's the same year code and what not. It's EPROM and socketed and came with a moates ostrich 2.0. I don't know alot about either but im hoping you can give me some insight. I plugged in the new ecu. No start. Old ecu. Starts. ..... I look at the internals of the new ecu and it looks fairly ok. Maybe a tiny bit of brown near the capacitors but not really at all. Cleaned with iso. Still no start. Checked the codes and it's solid voltage on the port. Meaning the ecu is the issue for the no start. I guess my question is. Where do the tunes get stored and if the moates ostrich is not hooked up or working will it not start. I tried to hook the ostrich 2.0 to my computer and it won't even recognize new hardware. But it's internal battery is reading fine. And when it's hooked to the car and ecu and I switch the pin switch from 32 to 28 and so on and I can hear stuff happening in the dash. . Long story short. How do I tell if the ecu is toast. Or if there is no tune in it at all to start from or if the ostrich is screwed too. Any insight to how it all works would be great. I might buy ECM link once I figure it all out since I can't get the ostrich to hook to my computer but don't want to replace or pay to have my ecu socketed if I already have one that's ok. Thank you for your time Sincerely Mike

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back