The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

Dynoed my GSX

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KGB Pilot125

20+ Year Contributor
Oct 20, 2002
Centennial, Colorado
Well the time has finally come to strap the beast to the rollers, So today I sent my lil sister to MAC autosports in Parker Co. I must say probably one of the friendliest shops around, its family run and they made my sister feel very comfortable and took great care of my car. anyways back the good stuff, I paid for 3 runs to do a baseline so later on when I look back I can justify the money that I have spent. She called me after the first run and it made 152HP and 178TQ I told her to just have em unstrap it, thats very embarrassing. last time I had something on the rollers it made over 800HP and 700TQ
well they did another pull just to see if it was consistant and it was made almost the exact same. here is a whole breakdown of the session

HP=152.76 at 5250

TQ=178.75 at 3500 and again at 4000 it dipped and came back up

AF peaked at 14.7 at 3100RPM and then steadily dropped to 11.5 by 6200RPM

Air Temp=99.87

24.64 in-HG

4% humidity

I called my flight school to get adjusted altitide and it was 8200 feet

I think it did pretty well for almost bone stock, horrible exhaust leaks and 168K miles

I want to do a poll about possible mods and what TUNERS would like to see done to the car and then go dyno it after every mod and see the actual power increases.

Next mod is probably going to be a evo exhaust manifold (due to saftey, I dont want to die from exhaust inhalation) and full 3 inch exhaust, then the Cyclone intake manifold to see if it makes more torque. at the point a wideband, logger. It still has no boost gauge and no boost controller I am letting the computer do the work.

On that same dyno I made 191hp 201tq.

Uncorrected I made 154hp 161tq. This was at wastegate pressure on the stock 14b. The car had around 2500 miles on the new motor at the time. The car just has some specials twists and my own touch to it. The car's only modification is a FMIC. But this was at just wastegate pressure. No BCS or anything.

Steven

biglady112 said:
On that same dyno I made 191hp 201tq.

Uncorrected I made 154hp 161tq. This was at wastegate pressure on the stock 14b. The car had around 2500 miles on the new motor at the time. The car just has some specials twists and my own touch to it. The car's only modification is a FMIC. But this was at just wastegate pressure. No BCS or anything.

Steven

what did you use for a correction factor since we are forced induction? at the bottom of the dyno sheet it says SAE 1.25 did you use that?

overall I am happy, I was shooting for 150 if it was hot out and around 160 if I could have done it when it was cool out. I am suprised at the torque to be honest. next up is the Syclone.

Make sure to hook the Cyclone up properly and I guarantee you will love it. I just took mine off for a SMIM and am not sure if that was the right decision.

Perhaps that SMIM would shine a little better with a slightly larger turbo then the good ol' 50 trim

My correction factor was 1.24 that day. As I said I made 191hp 201tq corrected.

What were your uncorrected numbers? If you made 152hp 178tq corrected then your numbers uncorrected would be 122hp 143tq. Not so good. My car made the above mentioned 154hp 161tq at wastegate pressure on a healthy 14b.

Here in colorado we only go by uncorrected numbers. That is what matters to us around here. When we have our annual Rocky Mountain DSM horsepower competition that is what we go by. Are you a member at www.rmdsm.org ? If not you should get on over there. We are the best and most knowledgeable dsmers in the region. Numerous 9-11 second cars at altitude.

Steven

biglady112 said:
My correction factor was 1.24 that day. As I said I made 191hp 201tq corrected.

What were your uncorrected numbers? If you made 152hp 178tq corrected then your numbers uncorrected would be 122hp 143tq. Not so good. My car made the above mentioned 154hp 161tq at wastegate pressure on a healthy 14b.

Here in colorado we only go by uncorrected numbers. That is what matters to us around here. When we have our annual Rocky Mountain DSM horsepower competition that is what we go by. Are you a member at www.rmdsm.org ? If not you should get on over there. We are the best and most knowledgeable dsmers in the region. Numerous 9-11 second cars at altitude.

Steven

I beleive the 152 and 178 is uncorrected, I will call MAC and ask em tomorrow.

Ill have to check out RMDSM and sign up.

Do you have the dyno sheet? If so look in the upper right hand corner of the sheet. It will say SAE or Uncorrected. This will be next to smoothing 1-5.

Steven

biglady112 said:
Do you have the dyno sheet? If so look in the upper right hand corner of the sheet. It will say SAE or Uncorrected. This will be next to smoothing 1-5.

Steven

It says

CF: SAE Smoothing:0

so looks like its a bigger turd than I thought.

:going to get the credit card:

KGB Pilot125 said:
It says

CF: SAE Smoothing:0

so looks like its a bigger turd than I thought.

:going to get the credit card:

HP doesn't come as easily up at altitude. (just for the record, Parker isn't at 8200 ft, it's closer to 5200...) If it makes you feel better, the altitude hits allmotor cars harder...

I'm doing something similar with a 1G. At 8lbs on a E316G with good compression, I made 135hp, I forget the TQ. I had a massive boost leak and was seeing some part throttle knock, so that didn't help.

Have you done a compression test? How about a boost leak test? From where are you leaking exhaust?

-M

KGB Pilot125 said:
Well the time has finally come to strap the beast to the rollers, So today I sent my lil sister to MAC autosports in Parker Co. I must say probably one of the friendliest shops around, its family run and they made my sister feel very comfortable and took great care of my car. anyways back the good stuff, I paid for 3 runs to do a baseline so later on when I look back I can justify the money that I have spent. She called me after the first run and it made 152HP and 178TQ I told her to just have em unstrap it, thats very embarrassing. last time I had something on the rollers it made over 800HP and 700TQ
well they did another pull just to see if it was consistant and it was made almost the exact same. here is a whole breakdown of the session

HP=152.76 at 5250

TQ=178.75 at 3500 and again at 4000 it dipped and came back up

AF peaked at 14.7 at 3100RPM and then steadily dropped to 11.5 by 6200RPM

Air Temp=99.87

24.64 in-HG

4% humidity

I called my flight school to get adjusted altitide and it was 8200 feet

I think it did pretty well for almost bone stock, horrible exhaust leaks and 168K miles

I want to do a poll about possible mods and what TUNERS would like to see done to the car and then go dyno it after every mod and see the actual power increases.

Next mod is probably going to be a evo exhaust manifold (due to saftey, I dont want to die from exhaust inhalation) and full 3 inch exhaust, then the Cyclone intake manifold to see if it makes more torque. at the point a wideband, logger. It still has no boost gauge and no boost controller I am letting the computer do the work.

Your horrible exhaust leaks are hurting your performance. I remember a buddy of mine dynoed at 260 WHP (His car is obivously modified) he had a few bad exhaust leaks where the manifold connects to the engine and where the o2 housing connects to the turbo. Once he fixed these up, he dynoed at 282WHP. So just fix everything up and you will put down better numbers. At 168K, your engine could be a little tired as well.

Hey, I live here in Parker and am friends with BigLady112. We can all help you out a little too if you want. Definitely check out RMDSM. There are alot of people around here that know a thing or two about these cars, including Hal and Dave Landry. I have ran through quite a few cars and made them run really healthy myself as well, I am perfectionist with these things. I am sure we can figure it out.

Also, on my GPS it says that at the base of my driveway, that I am at 5970 feet above sea level. I live two miles from Mac Autosport. Google Earth and the signs around town seem to agree with this.

PM me if you want.

Josh

When I say 8200 feet I mean air index altitide. like what you would use for a correction factor if you were running out at bandimere.

I am not in to much of a hurry about getting lots of HP right now, more into just getting it to run right. If I want something thats pretty quick Ill drive my Syclone.

As far as a boost leak havnt done it, havnt done plugs, wires, or anything else other than get rid of the surge, change all fluids and drive the piss out of it. Still doesnt even have a boost gauge.

thanks for the offers guys, maybe we will all have to get together and hang out sometime, try out "The Track" me and one of the guys from mac are going after memorial day.

Later,
Josh

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back