The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

Dumbest things you've heard a DSMer say? :)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

His name will remain anon. I didn't really wanna make fun of this kid. But come on.... 22psi and the motor blows?

I have a stock 420a 2ga Talon and one day at work I stepped outside with one of my coworkers. She wanted to ask about my car. She started to rub the hump on the hood and says "So how fast is your cold air intake?" I started laughing uncontrollably while she was trying to convince me that I have a cold air intake. Then explained to her I don't and what the "hump" was for. I even showed her the factory intake and she told me that the cold air intake is hidden in the box so that meant my "horses are sleeping" Then she started telling me she was going to get a 69 Camaro one day with a cold air intake hood. ROFL

Man you messed that one up.
She's rubing the hump on your car.
Talking about hiding your intake in the box.
Askin how fast you are.
Then says she wants to get a 69 camaro!

In french camaro translates as friend! :hellyeah:

I really thought long and hard on a sexual innuendo for that, but came up short. HAHAHAHA.

Seriously, instead of nerding out. Lol.

He wasn't a DSMer but ts worth sharing.. I went to a local gas station to air up my air tank to prepare for a BLT and this guy comes up and asks "So heard your car, is that releasing air noise your turbo or somethin?" I told him yep sure is, I proceed to tell him its a turbo charged, AWD beast just as I began filling my tank (which I just fill while the tanks still in the trunk) and as I began airing up the tank leaning over the back of me car, this guy looks at the tank, looks back at me confused and I just knew he was gonna say something freakin hilarious... Then it happened, "Is... Is that your turbo?" LOL I died a little inside from all the laughter

Absense of knowledge, I have no problem with. Not everybody is a car person. At least he asked the question.

It's when they try to make you believe they're not full of shit.. that's when it's just sad. I'm looking forward to a few good zingers this summer once I put it back on the streets.

Yeah I agree 100% agree. I never based the guy, After I stopped laughing I showed him around the motor and explained how the turbo works and what not. He was really interested in all of it, He drove a really old Honda. Maybe one day he will jump to DSMs.

Now compared to this one 18 year old kid I posted about a while ago who wants to install a slap shift transmission into his GS dsm is crazy.

Yeah I agree 100% agree. I never based the guy, After I stopped laughing I showed him around the motor and explained how the turbo works and what not. He was really interested in all of it, He drove a really old Honda. Maybe one day he will jump to DSMs.

Now compared to this one 18 year old kid I posted about a while ago who wants to install a slap shift transmission into his GS dsm is crazy.

There is a member here who is making push button up and down shift buttons on an aftermarket steering wheel :) pretty sweet

This kid I know had a 1g, my friend Frank stops by in his perfect 1971 Hemi orange air grabber factory 400 Plymouth Roadrunner. The kid says: "My Talon is sooo pretty isn't it Frank?"
Frank says: 'You sit down to pee don't you?" then turned around and got into his Roadrunner and left a major 2 wheel patch down the street! HAHA I never laughed so hard before :)

This kid I know had a 1g, my friend Frank stops by in his perfect 1971 Hemi orange air grabber factory 400 Plymouth Roadrunner. The kid says: "My Talon is sooo pretty isn't it Frank?"
Frank says: 'You sit down to pee don't you?" then turned around and got into his Roadrunner and left a major 2 wheel patch down the street! HAHA I never laughed so hard before :)

Now all we need is somebody with a 71 Challenger in Plum Crazy purple with the 440 Six Pack telling this Frank guy the same.

Just looked it up.. 13.4s @ 107 for the Challenger. Not bad considering it's a boat

Now all we need is somebody with a 71 Challenger in Plum Crazy purple with the 440 Six Pack telling this Frank guy the same.

Just looked it up.. 13.4s @ 107 for the Challenger. Not bad considering it's a boat

I prefer the color statutory grape myself. :)

Without any more information, your buddy Frank sounds like a huge douche. Because the dude didn't fawn all over his car, he insults him and burns out when leaving? Seems a little insecure to me.

Or was the kid being a total dick? Need more info.

There is a member here who is making push button up and down shift buttons on an aftermarket steering wheel :) pretty sweet

I tried finding a build thread for this but me no find. Is he using the stock auto tranny? The guy I mentioned before was taking the transmission from another car. A V6 Hyundai Santa Fe w/ slapshift, basically what's in my girlfriends 05 Tiburon. He's convinced it'll work. Oh same guy that called his gs a v4 LOL

I tried finding a build thread for this but me no find. Is he using the stock auto tranny? The guy I mentioned before was taking the transmission from another car. A V6 Hyundai Santa Fe w/ slapshift, basically what's in my girlfriends 05 Tiburon. He's convinced it'll work. Oh same guy that called his gs a v4 LOL

I don't know of he made a build thread or not. Almost towards the bottom.

http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/little-rock-area-dsm-forum/376628-arkansas-members-284.html

He should loose the red buttons. Playing arcade games in traffic is unsafe.

It's ingenious, why you gotta be a stick in the mud? It's no different than flappy paddles. Anyways, I like it, it's possible, so get upset if ya want.

It's ingenious, why you gotta be a stick in the mud? It's no different than flappy paddles. Anyways, I like it, it's possible, so get upset if ya want.

I know we're still way off topic on this, but if I find one of these knobs in the j-yard I'm going to make it work.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back