The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

DS-MAP is back!!!!!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ibbanez

10+ Year Contributor
May 24, 2009
Fort Walton Bea, Florida
Hey everyone, just wanted to let everyone know that DS-MAP.net is back up....Its a completely new forum and thus everything is starting over. I know a lot has happened recently and Im not here to start anything or get involved. But for those of you that would like to come over and check it out and learn about Jackal, your more than welcome to... Its a great little piece of software for what it is. Im pretty sure they welcome anyone and everyone. Just thought I would let everyone know.. Im pretty sure over the next little bit, things will be close to back to normal. Thanks...

Its another tuning option that is speed density based only and exclusive for the 1g.

What do you mean by speed density can you be more specific? is it comparible to dsm link?

Speed density uses an intake manifold pressure measurement from a MAP sensor, and computes airflow from the user defined engine VE for the rpm and pressure point. With a speed density system, any bolt on parts that change the engine VE will affect the accuracy of the tuning calibration.

MAS/MAF directly measures airflow with a sensor, the sensor itself is a significant restriction to airflow. DSMs use this system from the factory and it automatically corrects for any VE changes.

Not to mention that speed density does not have the flaws that a MAF/MAS will have when encountered with a boost leak anywhere in the system. 2 sensors hidden away look much cleaner than a black box somewhere on your intake line.

It also seems more accurate being wholly user defined for accuracy assuming you set it up properly.

Someone asked about SD. He has generic information that would be helpful to the person, or anyone looking to run SD. Some of the information on the pages won't be helpful because they are ECMlink specific. No, it's not a shameless plug. If you think it is just because of who he works for, then that's pretty sad of you.

:rolleyes:

I like ds-map very much. I ran it for a while. I'm happy its back up, ultimately I think this will make or break the project. If it wasn't for 3 crapped out eprom ecus, and a ostrich, I'd still be on board. Nothing to do with the software.

I'm heading towards a evo 8 ecu pending how it all plays out, I like the support and new development. :thumb:

***:D...:rolleyes: I get it.

Last edited:
Yay for ds-map! I encourage everyone to come and check out what' it's all about. New site is still being developed but there is a lot of good info that is on/will be on.

Does anyone know where fluxcapacitor is???? I'm not to sure whats going on at DS-MAP. I have a few customers running DS-MAP and have some questions.

Its been a while since I ran DS-MAP. I have been running "ECMLink" on my own car now for a while so I'm kinda out of the loop) Jon was always helpful.

Anyway I hope it all works out for everyone.

Does anyone know where fluxcapacitor is???? I'm not to sure whats going on at DS-MAP. I have a few customers running DS-MAP and have some questions.

Its been a while since I ran DS-MAP. I have been running "ECMLink" on my own car now for a while so I'm kinda out of the loop) Jon was always helpful.

Anyway I hope it all works out for everyone.

You will find him here DSM ECU

Not only is it back guys, but I am also testing werewolf now and I am pleased to report it is 100% working and is great.... We now have map based fuel, timing and ve maps from 500 rpms all the way to 10k rpm.... On top of that more and more options are coming out, not to mention all the stuff we are improving and testing daily.... Come on over to Ds-map.net, we'd love to have new people any time...

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back