The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Done For... (2010 WRX Premium)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I replaced the sway bar links. The old ones were trash. I'm not really sure why they were so worn out, the car only has 100k miles on it.

GOPR0659_1610837102993.JPG
GOPR0660_1610837102993.JPG

Could be from less suspension travel, i notice you have lowering springs in the suspension on your mod list. Maybe the stiffness is adjusted too tight or too much spring preload. Thats a nice wrx by the way.

The clutch started slipping a little bit. I'm not really surprised though, I'm the 3rd owner of the car with 100k miles of no telling what kind of abuse.

The good news is that it's a Subaru... That might not mean anything to most of you but to me that means I'll have the full job done in 2 days and less than $500.

Last edited:
I forgot to update but I did replace the clutch. The whole system was fried so I got a new kit & flywheel. While I had the engine out I did a few upgrades, like replacing the notorious boost leaking intercooler hose with a Mishimoto one. Now the gauge reads a full 17 psi and it can smoothly build boost without that clutch slipping..

GOPR0683_1614649230322.JPG

Pretty soon I'm going to restore those headlights. OEM ones are expensive and I've learned my lesson with ones from Ebay.

Dude those magnetic plugs are awesome for catching engine and turbo ware. I got one in the oil pan and one in the radiator and are fantastic preventative maintenance measure. Those torque solution hoses are clean looking, i have only bought their motor mounts i didn't know they made hoses too.

Since the headlights were done it was time to do the foglights. I went with tinted glass. To ensure there wouldn't be any visibility issues at night I also swapped over to HID projector bulbs. Very sleek during the day and very bright at night. You can see the original lights had taken some damage over the past 11 years.

20211114_103649.jpg
20211114_195831.jpg

I haven't really kept this thread up to date with the build. When I open hood now vs when I open the hood in January, it's totally different. I'll grab some daylight pictures soon. For now, here's some recent pictures from a photoshoots as I cruise around town enjoying the car.

IMG_20211120_165546_567.jpg
IMG_20211120_165546_996.jpg
IMG_20211120_165547_482.jpg
IMG_20211120_165547_145.jpg
IMG_20211120_165546_682.jpg

Last edited:
Time for the projects has been limited, but I'm doing the best I can to make progress. I did the brakes on the WRX. Powerstop drilled and slotted rotors and Extreme pads. The car looks and stops much better. At some point in the future I'd like to do a big brake upgrade, but for now this will work.

20211211_131837.jpg
20211211_132608.jpg

Dude GFB stuff is awesome! Is that the one that can vent to atmosphere and recirculate with an adjustment so you get the sound and the benefits of recirculation?
Yea it came with 2 separate fittings. One to hook back up to the stock recirc hose, and one to convert it to a blowoff valve. I'm currently going to have it set up to recirulate but once I get time to retune it I'll switch it over to blowoff

I replaced the clutch master cylinder. It started making strange squeaking noises when I pressed the pedal and air was entering the system. It's back to proper functionality now. I also like how the new one came with a black reservoir cap. I never was a fan of the yellow accents that Subaru chose.

20220127_122404.jpg

This hurts me very deeply. I understand that it was just a possession and I shouldn't be as attached as I am. But I have a problem getting attached to cars.
Earlier this evening this monster of a tree came down due to some high wind speeds. And it smacked down directly on top of my WRX.
This car is simply irreplaceable. There's no amount of money I could place on it, and the simple fact is I will never find another like it.
But I can't change what happened. I just have to take my insurance payout, buy another car, and let this one go. The frame damage is too severe.

20220330_145011.jpg

This hurts me very deeply. I understand that it was just a possession and I shouldn't be as attached as I am. But I have a problem getting attached to cars.
Earlier this evening this monster of a tree came down due to some high wind speeds. And it smacked down directly on top of my WRX.
This car is simply irreplaceable. There's no amount of money I could place on it, and the simple fact is I will never find another like it.
But I can't change what happened. I just have to take my insurance payout, buy another car, and let this one go. The frame damage is too severe.

View attachment 657495
I feel for ya brother that is awful. Keep your eyes peeled though i thought i wouldn't find my current dsm to replace my old one from back in the day but eventually it happened and i have faith it will happen for you too. Best of luck to You finding another.

Nearly 2 years ago...

2021-12-14_222229.jpg

Also, I've been in contact with the buyer of the car since the day he received it from auction shipping. It still is not finished, and is taking excessively long due to bent radiator support and strut tower. I knew the damage would be that severe which is why I let it go.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back